Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
FindHotel
Hurb
All reviews fjord view room two nights nice view nice room hellesylt
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2019

The rating is based on value, on its own the hotel deserves a 4 but based on the price it's a 2 or a 3.

The room was nice with a private balcony that overlooked the fjord, the beds good and comfortable and the bathroom a mix of nice and dated.

However there are several annoying aspects, for a country that tries to promote environmental awareness single use plastic shampoo packets! A soap bar wrapped in plastic with nowhere to place it so it does not make a mess and only a single charging plug for cars.

A very nice selection for breakfast buffet and very friendly and helpful staff.

Room tip: 708 was nice and had nice views
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

The hotel relies on a good location and large coach tour groups for business. It makes little effort with guests. Rooms are small, with limited facilities (no tea or coffee, no fridge etc). Decor and bathrooms need an upgrade. We stayed for 4 nights and were given a twin room despite having asked for a double. When we asked to change we were told that the hotel was full but that the next morning a room would be available. When we returned to the reception the following morning, we were told no other rooms were available but that they would fix the single beds together. This didn't happen. The views are good but ours was partially obscured by the hotel extension in front, even though we had paid for a room with a fjord view. We asked to drop off laundry and were told the hotel doesn't provide this service - they were also unable to direct us to a place that could wash our clothes. The breakfast is average. We received far better rooms, service, food and facilities in hotels we paid half the price for elsewhere in Norway - I'd highly recommend that anyone considering this hotel looks for alternatives in the area.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

Great location, bit noisy but you get that if you want to be on the waterfront very warm night so didn’t sleep well. Accommodation was ok, beds semi comfy, breakfast and dinner nice but restaurant was really hot!! No air con

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2019

I booked this hotel 8 months in advance via bookings.com, that I never do it anymore since you get better deals in any own hotel website, in any case, I arrived at the hotel at 8pm since I took the last ferry to arrive in Geiranger from Hellesylt. With my reservation in hand the hotel informed me that bookings.com had uploaded the dates wrong and they were sold out and had no rooms for me, so here I am in the middle of no where with my family and a properly made reservation 8 months in advance with no place to sleep. Immediately the manager and check in staff told me not to worry that they will take care of it. I was worried, so in 5 min they told me they found two rooms with Fjord view the hotel Union, located 3 min from that one. For the inconvenience they upgraded one of our rooms. The staff apologized (no need to since bookings.com was the one to blame for, I guess?) and took care of it and were very responsible and professional way. I cant say enough about these two ladies, I never got their names unfortunately, that resolved this inconvenience for us with no headaches.
Thank you so much...…….

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank guanajo007
Reviewed July 14, 2019

we were staying for 2 nights in hotel Geiranger,
we booked fjord view rooms, which had amazing few. location is really good.
breakfast was really good, but the dinning room was to crowded and many times things were finished and were not refilled.
there is a free coffee and tea during the day.
rooms were ok, although one of the rooms didnt have such a good smell from the toilet (we booked 3 rooms).
service was really good.