“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Shopping in Geiranger
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Delicious chocolate. I wish I bought more!! The shop in Geiranger is lovely with nice areas to sit and enjoy a treat. Lots of options for gifts if you can refrain from eating them before returning home.

Visited August 2013

Bedford, United Kingdom
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Chocolate heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

A great place to satisfy all chocoholics! Very friendly staff and most helpful. Unfortunately due to a medical problem I was unable to partake of all the samples available but my husband tasted and bought some.

Visited June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A nice spot for a bite and hot chocolate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The staff here are very helpful and know their stuff. It's a nice spot to relax and have some of the best food in the world - chocolate! There is also plenty of chocolate for sale to take with you.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MattMakesPhotos
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“A taste of Geiranger...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I love chocolate, I really do. No matter where I travel, I am always looking out for local chocolate to try.

I read about this little shop online and was intrigued by the fact that they make brown cheese flavoured chocolates. Therefore, it was imperative that we visit the place.

This truly is "Chocolate with a View". The shop surely must be located in one of the most picturesque places known to man. It is quite small but the staff are wonderful and extremely friendly. There is also a little café area where you can sample hot chocolate, ice cream and other goodies.

Most importantly of all, the chocolate itself is delicious and of excellent quality. On the day of our visit there was a special offer: if you bought 4 of the bags of chocolates, you got one free. Naturally, I was only too happy to take advantage of this offer!

There are some very interesting flavours and the ingredients are natural. No horrid synthetic flavourings here. Amongst the flavours that I can remember were the famous brown cheese (lovely and caramelly), olive oil and sea salt, cloudberry, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, whisky, marzipan and akvavit, chilli and finally blue cheese. If you're not sure about the more obscure flavours, then it is possible to try a small sample before buying. I tried everything except the chilli (which I dislike) and cloudberry (which was not available as a sample but I bought it anyway). They were all superb.

Do pop in if you're ever in Geiranger.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank tasmanian-wolf
UK
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Friendly small chocolate shop and (small) factory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a friendly local chocolate shop with a distinctive light-blue branding in the middle of Geiranger village. We visited a couple of times and tasted chocolate before buying some of their delicious Brunost Shokolade as a gift. The sales team, both from Sweden, were friendly and helpful. It's not a big factory at all, just a local cottage industry, but the team were helpful when we visited. I'm sure that, if we had wanted more information the girls would have been very forthcoming. Because they make different chocolate at different times you might have to come back in a day or two, for the one you want (especially if it is a very specialised product such as cloudberry), but it will be so fresh and newly made and delicious. If you are in Geiranger, and you love chocolate, this is definitely worth a visit.

Visited September 2012