“My favorite fjord”
Review of Geiranger Fjord

Geiranger Fjord
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Geiranger
Reviewed August 15, 2013

There were so many vistas, waterfalls, and mountains on the way to this fjord that we had a wonderful time. I think that once we were actually at the town, it was a little harder to enjoy the beauty because it was so crowded in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,355)
All reviews
"cruise ship"
in 112 reviews
"seven sisters"
in 90 reviews
"a unesco world heritage site"
in 11 reviews
in 643 reviews
"norway"
in 264 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I can not describe in words the beauty and majesty of Geiranger Fjord. This is a "bucket list" place. You must take a bus tour up into the mountains around the fjord and look down. WOW Glaciers, waterfalls, winding roads. Coming into the fjord by cruise ship is spectacular. We booked a ship tour which was more expensive than just booking on shore when we got there, but the line to buy tickets on shore was awful. and since there was two cruise ships that day, I am not so sure all those people actually got on tours.

2  Thank laculturevulture
Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we arrived with the cruise ship to the Geiranger fjord, in the early morning, the view was just magnificent. The reflection on the mountains and village on the quiet waters was a Postcard view.
It was possible just to stay and look around, but we took a sightseeing tour to the Geiranger Highlights.
From the ship we were transferred to shore by tender boats and the buses were parked there.
Our coach climb up the winding road to a panoramic view point stop, to enjoy the view and take photos.
Then it continues to the Norwegian Fjord Center that offers an insight into the history, the people and the fabulous natural scenery of the area. They have a video that is good to see it.
From there we continue the way up seeing mountain farms, waterfalls, lakes and streams.
From Lake Djupvatn we continue up the hairpin road to the summit of Mount Dalsnibba, at 1500 mt. The spectacular view from there includes the fjord and the ship far below.
The village of Geiranger has many facilities for camping.
It is a place to come back again,

3  Thank Ester Z
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wish we could go back every year! Geirangerfjord is so senic, love all the waterfalls. Also go on the Trolls Road, great view of the fjord.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was here for only 1 day. My gosh this place is beautiful. The air is so clean and fresh.
In our ignorance we had nothing planned excursion wise. We got off and discovered that the cycle hire was fully booked. Apparently you can hire a bike and cycle 17 miles 'DOWNHILL" enjoying the scenery.
Instead we wandered along and discovered KAYAK hire. My wife and I hired 2no. 2 person Kayaks. Our son 12yrs & daughter 9yrs shared with us.
Because the inlet is so protected by high mountains the water was very flat and calm. We had a wonderful and enjoyable hour on the water. My daughter discovered that if she shouted out very loudly on the seawater that after a second there was a real life ECHO. So you can imagine the thrill this gave for the next 10 minutes.
I read, that a local once said :" This is where the devil brought the Lord to tempt him with all it's beauty. It's possibly the prettiest place I've been to. Many very picturesque waterfalls making their way to the sea.