“Relaxing place to recharge travelled out batteries” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Resort Antico Casale di Scansano

Hotel Resort Antico Casale di Scansano
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scansano
Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxing place to recharge travelled out batteries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

This hotel was lovely, very quiet and relaxing. The staff were pleasant. Rooms were clean and spacious. The food and wine was fabulous. I'm traveling with my 16 year old daughter. We both had facials and a massage, which was just devine! Great pool area. We loved it so much we decided to stay an extra day.

Room Tip: We decided to stay an extra day and had to move rooms for a night. The room we moved to was small fo...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We were looking forward to a nice stay in the Maremma. While the room looked comfortable and clean, we could hear the neightbours both up and down stairs. After a noisy night we went for breakfast, that did not help either. We smelled pizza's from last night and koffie was coming from a vending machine and that in Italy. Never again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Monique_en_Arjen
Belsele
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We received a warm welcome on our arrival.
The apartment was well furnished, clean, pleasant.
It was situated in a unique, quiet, calm spot surrounded by nature.
Everything we needed was there.
The location had splendid views, on the other hand unfortunately the village was at least 2hrs drive from any large city in Tuscany.

1 Thank marijn_noens
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and 3 boys ages 15, 11 and 8 just returned from our Italy vacation. We visited my mom in Lake Como and then drove to this beautiful resort just a few minutes from Scansano. Without a reservation, they were able to offer us an excellent price and 3 separate rooms. Our room didn't have a balcony but had a great view of the Tuscan hills and Scansano. I have traveled a lot and I can say that this is one of the very best resorts I have ever stayed at. It had everything; a fantastic restaurant, the best spread for breakfast from eggs, to pastries, cereal, selection of meats etc. There is a fully equipped spa, two amazing pools, large jacuzzi, horseback riding, biking, cooking classes to name a few. When we arrived, we literally didn't want to leave the property. Just minutes to Scansano you will find great restaurants like the Cantina in town. For my son's birthday we ate at Podere L Aione with wonderful sunset views and great food. Locanda Termini nearby offers great wine shop and Rocapesta is a nice winery to visit. Our entire family can't wait to go back! Just 30 minutes away is the Saturnia Hot Sprints. Do not miss this treasure of a hotel. You are sure to love it!!

1 Thank zacani
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

Very good resort located in beautiful surroundings, good food, wonderful spa with a great massage therapists, nice easy horse with a great instructor. Nice and helpful staff at the hotel. After spending a few days, you feel refreshed in body and soul. We will certainly go back to Antico di Scansano to get new forces. We highly recommend this resort

Room Tip: Choose a room with a terrace overlooking the lovel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bairnsdale, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel as part of a cooking class that was organised by a organisation called Cooking Vacations. The hotel itself was quite okay but I am not sure what the rates are to just stay there as a normal paying guest and whether is is good value in that respect. I had a package deal which included cooking classes and meals. I was disappointed in the meals as we only could choose from a menu that really didn't change for the 6 days I was there and so the food became boring in the end. This trip worked out too be about 500.00 US per day and I really couldn't see the value. The cooking lessons ended up being a bit farsical as the chef, who was the cooking instructor wasn't there for the second 2 days of lessons. The cooking classes were way too basic and really just a waste of time. I was very disappointed. When I contacted Cooking Vacations on my return to Australia, they were unhelpful and uninterested in the problems that I encountered. I would not recommend doing any holiday arrangements with this organisation. They get you to sign all this stuff before you go which states you have to contact them from the hotel, at the time of any problems, which is not really an ideal thing to be doing, especially when you are trying to make the best of things. As for the hotel as a stand alone destination. It is in a lovely area that I hadn't travelled to before in the Maremma region of Tuscany. Depending on the actual stand alone rates it is probably a reasonable place to stay. The staff were certainly considerate and friendly. There is a day spa connected to the hotel and the rates for treatments seemed reasonable, although I didn't have any of their treatments. There is also a riding school attached to the hotel which I probably would have been interested in but the riding was only in the mornings at the same time as the cooking classes.
I would probably recommend this hotel to friends but I would definately not recommend and holiday organised by Cooking Vacations!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Marina di Campo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Very friendly and efficient services. Beautiful location with a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Excellent food. We will be back. Thankyou
302CDLI

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scansano
Fattoria Maremmana
#1 of 2 in Arcidosso
L'Andana
L'Andana
#3 of 23 in Castiglione Della Pescaia

Been to Hotel Resort Antico Casale di Scansano? Share your experiences!