“Warm welcome & breathtaking views though far away from larger cities to visit.”

Hotel Resort Antico Casale di Scansano
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scansano
Belsele
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We received a warm welcome on our arrival.
The apartment was well furnished, clean, pleasant.
It was situated in a unique, quiet, calm spot surrounded by nature.
Everything we needed was there.
The location had splendid views, on the other hand unfortunately the village was at least 2hrs drive from any large city in Tuscany.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank marijn_noens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and 3 boys ages 15, 11 and 8 just returned from our Italy vacation. We visited my mom in Lake Como and then drove to this beautiful resort just a few minutes from Scansano. Without a reservation, they were able to offer us an excellent price and 3 separate rooms. Our room didn't have a balcony but had a great view of the Tuscan hills and Scansano. I have traveled a lot and I can say that this is one of the very best resorts I have ever stayed at. It had everything; a fantastic restaurant, the best spread for breakfast from eggs, to pastries, cereal, selection of meats etc. There is a fully equipped spa, two amazing pools, large jacuzzi, horseback riding, biking, cooking classes to name a few. When we arrived, we literally didn't want to leave the property. Just minutes to Scansano you will find great restaurants like the Cantina in town. For my son's birthday we ate at Podere L Aione with wonderful sunset views and great food. Locanda Termini nearby offers great wine shop and Rocapesta is a nice winery to visit. Our entire family can't wait to go back! Just 30 minutes away is the Saturnia Hot Sprints. Do not miss this treasure of a hotel. You are sure to love it!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank zacani
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Very good resort located in beautiful surroundings, good food, wonderful spa with a great massage therapists, nice easy horse with a great instructor. Nice and helpful staff at the hotel. After spending a few days, you feel refreshed in body and soul. We will certainly go back to Antico di Scansano to get new forces. We highly recommend this resort

Room Tip: Choose a room with a terrace overlooking the lovel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bairnsdale, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel as part of a cooking class that was organised by a organisation called Cooking Vacations. The hotel itself was quite okay but I am not sure what the rates are to just stay there as a normal paying guest and whether is is good value in that respect. I had a package deal which included cooking classes and meals. I was disappointed in the meals as we only could choose from a menu that really didn't change for the 6 days I was there and so the food became boring in the end. This trip worked out too be about 500.00 US per day and I really couldn't see the value. The cooking lessons ended up being a bit farsical as the chef, who was the cooking instructor wasn't there for the second 2 days of lessons. The cooking classes were way too basic and really just a waste of time. I was very disappointed. When I contacted Cooking Vacations on my return to Australia, they were unhelpful and uninterested in the problems that I encountered. I would not recommend doing any holiday arrangements with this organisation. They get you to sign all this stuff before you go which states you have to contact them from the hotel, at the time of any problems, which is not really an ideal thing to be doing, especially when you are trying to make the best of things. As for the hotel as a stand alone destination. It is in a lovely area that I hadn't travelled to before in the Maremma region of Tuscany. Depending on the actual stand alone rates it is probably a reasonable place to stay. The staff were certainly considerate and friendly. There is a day spa connected to the hotel and the rates for treatments seemed reasonable, although I didn't have any of their treatments. There is also a riding school attached to the hotel which I probably would have been interested in but the riding was only in the mornings at the same time as the cooking classes.
I would probably recommend this hotel to friends but I would definately not recommend and holiday organised by Cooking Vacations!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Marina di Campo
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Very friendly and efficient services. Beautiful location with a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Excellent food. We will be back. Thankyou
302CDLI

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Warsaw
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We spend a pleasant week in one of the apartments in Borgo degli Ulivi.
Nice view, nice staff etc

But..
- the kitchen "area" (if you can call it like that) was really small.
- the bed in the living room incomfortable - my daughter had some problem sleeping on it.
- But the worst thing were the insects.. especially near the pool (I think it was due to the horses..).
- the prices in the restaurants a little too high. Very small portions (during the day in the bar at the swimmingpool) . It's a pity beacause the food is really good

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed September 17, 2009

This is an excellent place. We had a room with a balcony, looking out over the valley. It was beautiful. The restaurant was excellent as was the service. Were we to be in the area again we would stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scansano
Borgo Magliano Resort
Hotel Saturno Fonte Pura
Hotel Fontermosa
Hotel Fontermosa
#1 of 20 in Orbetello

Been to Hotel Resort Antico Casale di Scansano? Share your experiences!