If you're looking for a good place to relax while visiting Tuscany, this is the place to go.
It was a bit difficult to find this place with the GPS we were using, but the town is so small it's easy to find.
The grounds of the resort are immaculate. When the gate opened from the main road, you could see the century-old main building surrounded by trees and flowers. The staff who welcomed us were warm and friendly, and they spoke English very well. Free parking is available onsite.
We were in the newer building at the end of the hall and had a great view of the Tuscan landscape. The room was a bit small. The bed was a bit hard (but after visiting other Italian hotels, all the beds were just as hard). The room had a safe, TV with channels in different languages, and complimentary bottles of water. We also had a plate of fresh, colorful fruit and a bag of biscotti. The bellboy was also nice enough to get us the appropriate sized house slippers and robes, which can be worn all over the resort, including breakfast.
Breakfast was included, and was served by the bar in a private dining room. It was a good continental breakfast with made to order eggs (you have to ask). Service was great here.
The spa is what makes this place amazing. The facilities are very clean, and there are so many options to choose from. Because we were staying in the hotel, the use of the pools was free, along with a few spa treatments (the sauna, steam room, etc.). There are eight pools, I think, with different temperatures of water, so there is a spot for everyone.
We also took part in the complimentary walking tour at 8:30AM with a guide that took us to the old town and back. It was a nice walk that took about an hour and covered 3 kilometers.
The only complaint I had about this place is that the toiletries in the bathroom were cheap for this type of place. Other than that, I definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fonteverde is an elegant 5-star resort situated in San Casciano dei Bagni, an ancient village in the Val d’Orcia, which has always been famous for the age-old springs gushing forth thermal waters rich in minerals. The hotel complex is affiliated with "The Leading Small Hotels of the World," a prestigious luxury hotel brand, and alongside it is a fine thermal spa, which boasts the "Leading Spa" brand. The resort comprises 65 rooms, 9 junior suites and 4 suites with terraces over-looking the superb Tuscan countryside. The atmosphere is reminiscent of a Tuscan palace in former times, with quality furnishings and detailed decoration. Enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding Val d’Orcia park and admire the rolling hills and scenic setting punctuated by olive trees and vineyards. The hotel's spa is a multifunctional complex with the most up-to-date thermal treatments, a holistic centre and beauty centre. Signature treatments include the ancient Mediterranean spa, ayurvedic massage, reflexology and therapeutic Dhara. In addition, there are eight pools, ideal for relaxation after a busy day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fonteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fonteverde Tuscan Hotel San Casciano Dei Bagni
- Fonteverde Tuscan Resort And Spa
- Fonteverde Natural Hotel
- Hotel Fonteverde Natural
- Fonteverde Italy/San Casciano Dei Bagni, Tuscany