A family of four wanting to stay outside Florence, we booked in advance and paid about £100 per night B&B all in. We were given two adjacent executive rooms on arrival and these rooms would not disappoint anyone. They were next to one of the two pools, had a quiet garden area and suited our needs perfectly. The breakfast was sufficient and we generally took dinner in the hotel which was good. The terrace restaurant was lovely EXCEPT FOR THE ENORMOUS TELEVISION BLARING OUT INANE GAME SHOWS - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????? The setting is gorgeous and it is very convenient to get into Florence on the train - the station is only a Km or so down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Saulina is a noble country house built in the early 19th century located on top of a pleasant sunny hill along the bank of Rimaggio creek few miles from the beginning of Carolingian Maremmana road. The main body of the villa is surrounded by an huge holding with centuries-old olive trees, generous vineyards and ancient woods; five beautiful farm houses and two bright swimming pools. Breathtaking view over the hill crest is captured by medieval villages, bell towers and wine cellars. A breeze of history will let the visitor jump back in the heart of Renaissance. The spirit of Leon Battista Alberti still survives by the lovely Romanic church of San Martino a Gangalandi not too far from us. Guest rooms and flats are designed to reflect the spirit of Tuscany tradition and to meet our guest's needs. We offer traditional accommodation as well modern refurbished room with WiFi, Plasma TV and air-conditioned. Most of them are suited for wheelchair access. Outdoor space with tables and barbecue settings is also available. Flats are perfect for long stay and are equipped with kitchen, sitting-room and one ore more sleeping-room. A comfortable meeting room up to 60/70 persons theatre style, is located in the Villa. The old wine cellar of the Villa has been converted into a romantic restaurant with 60/70 covers. An out-door gazebo is also available for summer dinner or banquets up to 160/170 covers. Our Menu includes dishes from Tuscany tradition as well from Italian and international gastronomy. Our oven is always ready to offer pizza, bread and olive oil bannock. We are located closet o the crossing of Via Maremmana with the country road to Malmantile medieval town and Marliano village. 5 Km form Lastra a Signa Railway station. 6 Km from Signa railway station. 16 Km from Florence airport Amerigo Vespucci 75 Km from Pisa airport Galileo Galilei. By car is easy driving by Highroad Fi.Pi.Li. (Superstrada: Firenze.Pisa.Livorno) just exit in:Lastra a Signa if driving from FlorenceMontelupo if driving from Pisa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villa Saulina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Saulina Hotel Lastra a Signa
- Villa Saulina Lastra a Signa, Italy