I stayed here in April 2013 - a single woman given a beautiful, elegant room with balcony overlooking the edge of Ostuni and, from there, the hundreds and hundreds of olive trees that run down to the sea. As stated in other reviews, for goodness sake, make sure you know where the hotel is; I thought I knew how to find it, but spent almost an hour driving aimlessly before I saw a little sign that led up to the hotel - then had to decide if I was brave enough to drive up what seemed like a bicycle path. The staff were tremendously friendly and helpful when I stumbled exhausted and amazed into the foyer - having almost given up hope of finding it. Dinner in the restaurant was very nice; the waiter and the maitre d' could not have been nicer - offering advice as to what to choose and never making me feel unwelcome (which can often happen when a woman travelling alone). Room was beautiful, although my television did not work; I asked for help but, after waiting for nothing to happen, decided I didn't care. Bed was wonderfully comfortable; a very peaceful night's sleep. Breakfast was fantastic - beautiful pastries, fresh juice and fruit, great coffee, friendly service. This is a very nice hotel, with lovely open spaces and a Moroccan feel to it. The area around the hotel, with its little lane-ways, a cathedral, sweet little shops and cafes, is absolutely charming. I recommend it happily and would gladly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais La Sommita' is a mansion of 16th century and represents the diamond at the top of the historical centre of Ostuni, with 15 elegant rooms divided in Deluxe, Deluxe View, Suite and one Master Suite.This is a retreat, a shelter, a moment of quiet in an over stimulated life, an environment that meant to envelop rather than impress.The interiors walk the line between an ascetic minimalism and a stylish luxury, in a palette of creams and off-whites, with the sort of quiet and solid furnishings that are the signifiers of high-end modern interior design. Stone walls, natural textile, wood are the materials that characterize the interiors of Relais La Sommita. The bathrooms are always characterized by the same minimalist style of wood, marble, stone, archway and Culti brands products and Bulgari for the Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Sommita Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Sommita Relais And Spa
- La Sommita Relais & Spa Hotel Ostuni
- La Sommita Relais Culti Ostuni
- La Sommita Relais Ostuni, Italy - Puglia