“Great hotel for the value”
Review of Hotel La Terra

Hotel La Terra
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Ostuni
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really liked this hotel. Great location, very nice ambiance, nice breakfast, very good price and friendly people.
My room was under the roof (3rd floor) and had 3 small windows with great view of city. Be warned staff speaks very little English but still quite helpful. Furniture is antique and has its own charm.

Room Tip: My room was under the roof (3rd floor) and had 3 small windows with great view of city. Be warned st...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We loved Hotel La Terra. We stayed here at the end of August. Originally we had rented an apartment closeby but when we realized it did not have air conditioning (the apartment was 40 degrees!), we left it and found Hotel La Terra as an amazing refuge. What a treat and reasonably priced. Lovely furnishings typical of the region, very hospitable and friendly staff (some speak English better than others, but it's easy to get by), all the ammenities of a five star hotel with great views and although right in the middle of the city it was quiet. We found this hotel as the perfect place to relax and enjoy what Ostuni has to offer. We played cards at night and drank wine on one of the terraces before going out to join the hustle and bustle of summer in the main square. There are tons of restaurants closeby too. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erica_G248
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in June for six nights. It was an incredibly busy time in Ostuni because of a TV Series being filmed in the main square. La Terra was wonderful as it was very central but very quiet. An incredibly beautiful hotel with exquisite antique furnishings. We loved breakfast, good coffee with delicious fruit, a variety of cheese, cold meats, cereals and freshly made bread and sweet tarts. A really memorable experience. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before you check in.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lavendula61
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I intended to stay just the one night but such was the splendour of Ostuni and the ease of living at Hotel La Terra that I stayed on for another. Arrived by train from Bari and moved quickly enough to catch the local bus (1.50 bought on the bus) up to Ostuni. The check-in was easel y and the room very adequate - good bathroom, window onto town, on third floor (307) out of the way. Wifi was variable but if you sat on the terrace-with-a -view on that 3rd floor or in the gracious sitting room, then it functioned very well. Breakfast was also adequate - and on the second day I was offered a very good cappuccino. (Best coffee I found was at Monna Lisa Caffe)

Let me not waste you time - this is a good place to stay :)

Almost forgot - when I arrived I was worried about the bells which chimed every quarter of an hour. They stop! NIce enough during the day - and once woke me when I had overslept until 8.45am

Room Tip: not sure - I was happy in 307
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Strollerman
Reviewed May 10, 2012

As emphasised throughout the reviews it is impossible to get to the hotel by car. Best to park nearby at any square near Piazza Liberta then either phone the hotel or find it yourself on foot. It is just off the pedestrian Via Cattedrale off the Piazza.

The owners provide transport to and from the hotel to the car park. So – I suggest you leave your vehicle there or drive the streets of the Old Town at your peril. The streets are narrow with cars parked haphazardly and the locals regard one-way and turning direction signs as advice-only.

The hotel itself consists of two separate houses connected from the second floor with lift in one building and staircase plus breakfast/dining room in the other. It is worth visiting the hall on the second floor as it is impressively furnished. Hotel has also a couple of terraces with great views over Ostuni.

Rooms are spacious, with high-vaulted ceilings, quite comfortable beds and reasonably sized bathrooms.

Breakfast, which is adequate, is served in the adjoining building to the reception. Dinners are only available in high season – June through to August.

As the hotel is right in the centre of the town bars and restaurants are right on the door-step and worth investigating for yourself.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Globetrotter008
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Like many others, we couldn't find the hotel... but a call to the hotel meant we were met on the main square in Ostuni by a member of the team. We were shown to the car park, and then taken to the hotel, through a couple of impossibly narrow streets in the old town (which has many restaurants and bars).
Our room on the top floor had views across the town, and had a terrace just outside. The air conditioning was effective, which was just as well given how hot it was when we visited.
Don't simply catch the lift up and down to reception,as the hotel is worth a wander through in its own right, with its terraces, attractive rooms and cave like bar.
We took breakfast which was enjoyable - a tip worth being aware of is that that although there is coffee on the buffet, you can request a capuccino or espresso.
Ostuni's main square which is nearby is ideal for a spot of people watching whilst enjoying a drink.
Although it's located in the Centro Storico of Ostuni, the hotel is ideal for exploring the coast and is only 10 minutes drive from both public (free) beaches and also some beach clubs.

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights in this hotel - a great location, bags of character, and good service.

Room Tip: All rooms are individual - some of the rooms on the top floor have great views
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DinkyPoo
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Being just by myself, I had a fantastic stay at this hotel where I felt like home. Nice and warm welcome and sincere attention to people.
I had a room on the terass and a fantastic view on the roofs of Ostuni. The owners have been really helpful as regarding my food restrictions and really cared about me always makingvsure that everything was ok.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo