See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2018

We had a lovely week here. The room was great, not big but very comfortable. Walking down to the beach was actually pleasant although there was a little train to take you every half hour. The sun beds were great and we both managed to swim in the sea, glorious. There was lots going on in the hotel all the time and very few British tourists about but that made you feel you were more on holiday! You do need a car here unless you intend to spend the whole time in the resort.
Few criticisms which are meant only to be helpful are firstly, check in and check out on a Sunday are chaotic, I think to do with the Nicolaus club all on active duty. Secondly dinner at the hotel at 40 euros a head if you’ve got bed & breakfast only, is too expensive for what it is. Also charging for hotel parking is a first for us after all the counties we’ve visited and lastly, another new experience, there was absolutely no information given out at the time of check in ( chaos remember) about time of breakfast, where it was, the procedure for getting the car in and out of car park which wasn’t straightforward, no mention of public transport, no leaflets about any trips available, no leaflets about anything. So to the hotel manger, this is probably the biggest criticism but the easiest to fix.
All in all we had a great week!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ORMResort, Direttore at Ostuni Rosa Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

I read your review and thank you very much.

Just one presumption: we think that the price of dinner is adequate for what we are doing. We do not have flyers for information about the hotel, but I have to say that a flipchart is placed in the hall.

Thanks again

Best Reagrds

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We got by at this resort but outside of reception it was very difficult to communicate (across the whole Puglia region)....I am not at all complaining as we were in a foreign country so can’t expect everyone to speak English - but I think we are just use to the ease that we typically find in tourist places and being able to communicate, while it was very difficult here.

The resort is lovely and there are a lot of families - it is great for kids (who speak Italian)...the staff were very nice and the beach and beach facilities were great.

The restaurant only offered a 40euro buffet for dinner so we didn’t eat there and after 9pm you could only buy toasted sandwiches (they definitely need more food options).

I think this region is relatively undiscovered by English speaking tourists - which is great, but it brings a few more difficulties with basic communication that we just aren’t use to (but gave us a good appreciation of how lucky we were to be in a place that not many Americans, Australians and English visit).

I would not recommend the private transfer company they use to get you to the ferry/airport etc - we almost missed our boat to Greece because the driver was waiting in the lobby of us and when I asked him if he was the “taxi” and “transfer” he said no....reception called he company about 10 times on my behalf as about 40 minutes had gone by and we were still waiting and were now very late - and they kept saying they were on the way....turns out it was the guy I spoke with about 45 min earlier and he didn’t understand what I asked so just said “no”...you would think a private transfer company that cost a fortune would ask at reception or look for the guest after a few minutes had gone by....probably a better idea to rent a car and get your own way there!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank monql
ORMResort, Direttore at Ostuni Rosa Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Guest,

I read your review and I will ring you a lot. I assure you that we will treasure the suggestions.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Big busses and 40' container lorries do 3+ point turns in the car park. Our rental car was hit on the first night - rear bumper caved in! There is limited CCTV and the hotel just shrugged its shoulders without even an apology.
The manager never smiled or said hello/bonjourno once during our 6 nights stay despite seeing him on several occasions.
Generally the rooms are very clean but apart from the cleaners themselves other staff were usually unfriendly and miserable/aloof.
There was a business function taking up large parts of the hotel over several days - outside and inside including the general guest areas, which didn't mix well with the few holiday makers in shorts and T-shirts.
The food was just average served as a buffet and there was no a la carte option.
There are better places to stay for this money!

Room tip: Seems the Superior Rooms do not have a bath!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank davidlF5410RS
ORMResort, Direttore at Ostuni Rosa Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Guest,

I read your review and frankly I'm surprised that I personally did not say hello: I am a very kind person with all the Guests.
As for the damage to your car, which you claim to have undergone in our car park, we have no element to determine it, but the area is not guarded.

I'm sorry but I take the opportunity to greet her cordially

Reviewed August 18, 2017

We stayed at the Ostuni Rosa Marina Resort for a week in May.

We booked through Thomson in the UK and we paid extra for all inclusive. As per the Thomson website this should have included "Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Selected local-brand alcohol, soft drinks, tea and coffee. Snacks at set times"

When we arrived the staff told us that this type of all-inclusive option did not exist at the hotel and so for the week we had to pay for our lunches and all drinks. The hotel does offer an "all inclusive" but for them this is just cups of water and fruit juice and does not include lunch or any alcohol. Not good when you arrive with only a few Euro's in your pocket!!

Since coming home trying to actually speak to someone at Thomson to get our money back has proved impossible, all communication has to be done on-line and all we have had is what seems like an automated response denying that this type of problem could even occur. I can tell you it does, so somewhere along the line there has been a big mix-up between Thomson and the hotel.

The hotel itself is lovely, the rooms and the pool areas are lovely and the hotel is very clean. The staff did not do much to try and help us, it would have been nice if they had at least let us charge lunches and drinks to our room but it had to be cash.

We would recommend staying here. Just do not book the "all inclusive" option with Thomson!!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Dan H
ORMResort, Direttore at Ostuni Rosa Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

I read your review and I'm sorry for what happened between you and the agency. We are not responsible for the disagreements between you and the agency: we have given the booked service. Just for fairness I want to say that, as published on all brochures and websites, ours is a soft all inclusive and does not include alcoholic beverages.

Thank you for everything and with the occasion I greet you cordially.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

We stayed here for a week in July and enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean, family friendly, spacious and pleasant however the staff aren't quite up to what you would expect to from a 4 star hotel. Never-the-less don't let this deter you.

They have recently refurbished the rooms to a good standard which sets the hotel apart from some other local options. The hotel is also well looked after with beautiful gardens and two clean pool areas, one with a grassed area next to the pool and sun beds which is pleasant in the afternoon sun.

The sea is the crystal clear Puglain sea you would expect however it is a good 10 minute trip from the resort if everything goes to plan. If you are punctual there is a train that takes you to and from the beach which is great for kids but only runs every half an hour so make sure you are on time which is difficult on holiday I have to say.

The beach sun beds are a little too on top of each other even for Italy, and we holiday here regularly so are used to the Stablimento set up. They also face the wrong way, side on to the sea, to fit onto a narrow and deep piece of beach that the hotels owns which we weren't a fan of. If you stay either book to be on the first three rows, which I assume there is a charge for or head down in the afternoon when its quieter and people have gone for lunch or siesta and take you pick from the front rows and enjoy the space.

Another recommendation would be to head to the beach in the afternoon as the entertainment program does not run in the afternoon on the beach. It does however run for a few hours in the morning and whilst the activities for children are welocme they insist of continuously talking through a PA system that faces the sun beds with the aim of interacting with the customers.

On a major plus note for the hotel the food is great for a buffet, which certainly cant be said for a lot of hotels this size. Tip: If you are planning on staying at the hotel and anticipating eating in regularly definitely book a half or full board option as they charge 40 euro a head for a meal which could add up quickly. Equally book a half board option if you fancy seeing the local area and travelling out to the visit the local towns as there are some great restaurants and beautiful spots in Ostuni, Cisternino, Ceglie M and Locorotondo.

Further to this there is an additional charge for the car park at the hotel which can add up over you stay, there is a free option but it is a good 5 min walk away from the main reception.

Overall we have a pleasant stay and I wouldn't let some of the negative reviews put you off. It is a large family oriented hotel that is professionally run. Yes it is close to a main road that some of the reviews point out but its far enough not to be too worried about it.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Panov23
ORMResort, Direttore at Ostuni Rosa Marina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Dear Guest,

I just read your review and thank you very much. To be a traveler who recommends our hotel, maybe it was a bit too stern.
Our hotel is large and it is normal that, to reach the various places, such as parking, swimming pools, beach, etc the distances are a bit above the average.

Thank you very much and I greet you cordially.