“A hidden gem inside the white city”

I 7 Archi - Guest House
Ranked #9 of 66 Ostuni B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem inside the white city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed for 7 nights in this wonderful apartment (Sotta Sotta) and it was a real treat! From the moment I arrived I was not disappointed. On my arrival to the fairytale city of Ostuni you take the windy road up towards the cathedral until you reach the apartment which is nestled under the arches in one of the side roads. I was greeted by the owners Giorgio & Graziana who welcomed me to my new home for the next week..The apartment had everything I needed, a fridge, tv, cooking facilities a great wet room/bathroom (I love the sink), heating (I stayed in Dec so not sure but I presume its air con during the summer) and a comfy double bed! They were always on hand for information if I needed to find a good place to eat or somewhere to visit. Sotta Sotta, mixes old traditional Puglian style and modern design beautifully, its easy to see that the apartment has been designed with love and a great eye to detail.
I was lucky enough to be able to see all of the apartments that Giorgio & Graziana have during my stay and the more I saw the more I wanted to stay for longer....the big apartment with the roof terrace was fantastic!!
Ostuni has a lot to offer and staying so central made it even more enjoyable, you really feel like you are in the heart of it all....and if you dont want any more you can just close your door and escape to your own little fairytale house.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
graceOstuni, Proprietario at I 7 Archi - Guest House, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Sarah, thank you for having spent some time to post this kind review! We know that our SOTTA SOTTA is little but also full of charming, and we are so happy that you had a nice time there!
We are waiting for you, our SUS E SOTTA and its terrace too!
Graziana e Giorgio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in the 'Sus e Sotta' apartment and are so glad we did! The location is very central (the apartment is actually within the famous white walls of old Ostuni) and just a couple of minutes walk through picturesque narrow streets will take you to any number of shops, restaurants and the central piazza. The panoramic views from the roof terrace are truly spectacular. The inside of the apartment is very tastefully decorated, a good blend of old architectural features and modern fittings, strangely feels rustic and luxury at the same time. The rooms are quite small and spread over different floors, but for our tastes this just further adds to the character of the place. We wanted to have lunches on the roof terrace during the day (eating out at night obviously!) and the fridge/kitchen facilities were more than adequate for this (though a kettle would have been nice as opposed to just a pan). The owners Graziana and George made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we arrived, and were happy to help us with information on anything to do with the city. We would highly recommend this apartment to anyone. It is hard to do it justice with photographs, the place is beautiful!

Room Tip: We stayed in Sus e Sotta, amazing roof terrace!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
graceOstuni, Proprietario at I 7 Archi - Guest House, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your kind words on our guest house (and us, as well!!!). We really feel on the right way when our guests keep these wonderful memories once back home!
Thank you so much for being such lovely guests (sometimes it helps us...) and hope to see you soon in Ostuni!
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Ostuni as a town is a real treat, it's super cosy. The apartments is situated in the old town wall and from the top terasse the view stretches for miles and miles! "The white city" sure is white and the apartments are really nice and look new!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Graziana M, Proprietario at I 7 Archi - Guest House, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear guests, thank you for having spent some minutes for this review. We are so pleased that you had a nice time in Ostuni and we hope that you will come back again!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Wonderful apartment down the street of "the 7 white arches" in the middle of the historic center
up stone steps painted white to the compact suite, very comfortable and well equiped with a
vaulted ceiling and a loft bedroom and kitchenette.
The best part was the roof terrace with sweeping views of Ostuni, the surrounding countryside
and the deep blue Adriatic in the horizon.
Graziana and Giorgio, the owners, are wonderful too. Thank you.
What a great place!!! Want to return for sure.

Room Tip: All the apartment are quiet, I slept so deeply. Try to get one with a roof terrace if it is availab...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sonia H H
graceOstuni, Proprietario at I 7 Archi - Guest House, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for such a good review! we're here with our best hug to welcome you again!