“Professional delight”

Ranked #12 of 216 Restaurants in Ostuni
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Un posto intimo, ricercato, ma non impegnativo, nella sala superiore si può degustare un ottimo aperitivo, o il classico thè, per dopo scendere nella sala frantoio del 900/1000, e degustare i piatti che vengono preparati con cura da Fabrizio che usando i migliori prodotti locali, sicuramente riuscirà a soddisfare le vostre richieste.Antipasti, pasta, Pesce fresco non di allevamento, e carni pregiate, verdure locali.I vini sono solo della regione Puglia.Siamo aperti dalle 11,00 am., alle 11,30 pm, la cucina apre anche in orari particolari previa prenotazione, per i classici snack sempre aperta.
Ostuni
“Professional delight”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

A good professionally run restaurant in a town overrun with run-of-the mill tourist restaurants where the food and service don't always match the pretty presentation. The food at the Caffe Cavour and the service are excellent. It comforts one with the feeling of being a valued client in a proper restaurant.

• Visited December 2013

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“The best in Ostuni”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

In a well designed interior one feels immediately comfortable.Although the walls give the impression of a cave,the overall style is rather modern.Very friendly,helpful and english speaking service.We took her advice to share the antipasta as we could not make a choice.The slowly cooked artichokes in lemon sauce with parmezan was absolutely stunning ,as was the rest of the dinner.Probably the best dinner we have had on our trip through a part of Italy

2 Thank nico g
Strathclyde, Scotland
“Lovely Place”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We went here on the recommendation of the apartment owner, we had to book as the first night we tried it was booked out for a party. It was worth the wait. Alexandra our waitress was brilliant, recommended a beautiful wine at a reasonable price and helped us to order great food. My husband had the lamb shanks which was fantastic, melt in the mouth. My only complaint, and stopping the 5 star review, was that I ordered the fish of the day and asked for it to be filleted. It was done at my table by a lady, who seemed to be 'the boss' and she ended up giving me a dogs dinner of a few fish flakes! As I watched her I realised I should have just taken the whole fish and done it myself as it was still full of bones. What I did get was delicious. Would I go back - definitely but I would fillet my own fish!

Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charming and Delightful Lunch”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We spent the day in Ostuni as part of our week in Puglia. Ravenous from a morning of sightseeing, we came upon the reviews of Caffe Cavour. We were not disappointed. Both of us are foodies. We split the artichokes with truffles and Parmesan cheese. The artichokes are slow poached in olive oil covered by a generous amount of flavorful Parmesan. The truffles, being dried, did not add much flavor. We split the pasta course - handmade pasta with mushrooms and tomatoes. It was very well balanced. I had to try the local sausages and bombettes. The little round bombettes (think small meatball size) packed a punch of seasoned flavor served over arugula. The lamb shank was extremely tender served with olive oil fried potatoes. Though we didn't eat fish, they showed us what came in through the door just as we arrived. It was very fresh. They make their own olive oil which paired well with the selection of breads we were served.

The owners were very attentive. Our wait person was from Romania and spoke Italian, French, and English. She gave us the history of the site which was carved into the rock and served as an olive oil press. You can see where the olive oil press was and where the oil drained into the little canals to be collected.

Wish we could have gone back in the evening as it would be an incredibly romantic setting.

New York City, New York
“Favorite restaurant of our week in Puglia!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our host at Masseria frantonio recommended this restaurant. It was a short drive, and easy to find. Parking not an issue either as there is a well marked convenient parking lot several blocks away.

The restaurant is beautiful inside. The service was friendly, helpful, and perfect. The food was delicious, the lamb shank the best we ever had. Little disappointed that there was limited fresh fish, they explained that two days of rain hurt fishing. Everything we ate was perfect, even desert which we seldom order. The chef walked around to every table, and the atmosphere was lively and fun.
Highly recommend this restaurant if you are near the area.

1 Thank UpperWS