“A May visit to Ostuni”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Condo/Apartment -
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
Ostuni, Province of Brindisi, Puglia

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 140 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
domrocsmo...
California
“Amazing views, clean and well appointed - but Ostuni is dirty and not very friendly”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The good: We loved the apartment, La Terrazza, and everything about it. From the moment we found the lovely door (beware that parking is extremely difficult and finding the apartment is tricky) and walked inside we knew it would be a lovely spot for me and my two boys for the week. The apartment is very spacious and very light, and the terraces are to die for! There is everything you need. The bed is very comfy and even has mosquito netting, which we needed in early June as the bugs were out in full force. Ostuni was a great location for getting to lots of other places in Puglia, and we loved the central Piazza and the little streets with tons of local vendors to get food, supplies and just for browsing. The bad: We were very offputt, however, by all of the garbage strewn all over the streets. No one seems to care that there are growing piles of garbage everywhere, especially on the streets leading up to the apartment. We did have a little glitch in our bedding arrangement (the manager forgot towels, sheets and blankets for my children) and it was difficult to get ahold of the manager, Jane. Also, there was a man on the terrace the first morning and it was not on the day that had been designated as "gardening day", so that was a little unsettling. I had to ring the owners who were away at the time, and after some insisting, they took care of the problem. But, honestly, an apology would have been nice. I was made to feel that I was an imposition, instead of it being the other way around. Once the problem was addressed, we were fine. But I think it could have been handled better. Would we return? Probably not. The apartment was very nice, but the way things were handled with the manager and the owners was not great. I wanted to love Ostuni, but, sadly, the garbage, difficulty maneuvering the small streets and the overall unfriendliness of the people makes us unlikely to return to this part of Puglia.

Value Service
GemmaLucc...
Toronto, Canada
“A May visit to Ostuni”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Ostuni was everything we had hoped for a trip to a part of Italy we had not visited before. We spent a wonderful week at Casa Tavani staying in La Terrazza . The accommodations were amazing. We enjoyed the views, preparing "Italian" meals in the fully functional kitchen ( when not eating out), and relaxing in the spacious sitting areas. It is a great location close to shops, the main piazza, and restaurants. Angela and Tim suggestions of Ostuni restarants and lists of diverse things to do with Ostuni and in the surrounding area were very helpful. We planned our trip to visit the Saturday market which was amazing. It was fun to discover favouriite coffee and gelato locations. We hope to come back again very soon.

Value Service
Lovelovem...
London, United Kingdom
“Return visit”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My wife and I returned here after having a magical week last year. This time for a fortnight and guess what. It was even better!
Casa Esmeralda is perfect for a couple or small family. (Not toddlers perhaps as the stairs are quite steep).
Boasting a balcony and two terraces. The roof terrace with a stunning view over the town and surrounding countryside.
The apartment comes well equipped with everything you need. Including a handy washing machine.
Little provision shop around the corner sells lovely fresh produce including excellent €5 Prosecco!
The food in town is second to none. I seriously don't think that there's a bad restaurant in the whole of Ostuni and some are superb. Puglian food takes some beating when done well.
The owners Tim and Angela have got this place spot on and it comes highly recommended by us.
Ciao

Aidan S
Dublin, Ireland
“Ostuni and l'Alcova apartment”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Just returned from a wonderful holiday in Ostuni. So many things to see and do. Ostuni itself is beautiful. Also there are so many nearby towns to visit within a short drive from Ostuni.
This is our second trip to Ostuni and we stayed in the same apartment,L'Alcova. This is a wonderful apartment. It has all the facilities we required and most comfortable.
Tim and Angela ,who own the apartment, have maintained the old world ambience and yet has all the modern utilities.We arrived late at night and they had left food for us in case the restaurants were closed.
We are a retired couple and could not have asked for a better holiday and will return.
Aidan and Alicia.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
gene12
United States
“A great find in Ostuni”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Started my search for accommodations in Ostuni wanting views from private terrace and found that even the most elegant boutique hotel could only offer maybe a window and many rooms not even that and for no views it was very expensive. I kept looking and came upon Casa Tavani. Angela and Tim have four apartments in a perfect location in Ostuni. I was most interested in La Terrazza for the space and most of all the fantastic terraces(yes plural) with day views including the "white city" and further to the sea and night views with the city illuminated. I have included some photos of that view...extraordinary. The location is just adjacent to the old town (fairly touristic) in a residential area within about 2-3 minutes of the main square. Perfect...quiet and you feel like a local. The Devlins provide much information before your stay and there is much to read in the apartment too. While I spent as much time as possible on the terraces the apartment itself is very comfortable and has everything you could want. It is an old building with lots of character (and stairs...seems to always go together!) but the apartment seems very new with modern comforts. What I really appreciated was the calm and relaxing feeling there and quiet for sleeping. Very private too. I found the price reasonable and during less busy months it is possible they may be able to rent for less than 7 days. We stayed 4 nights in May so I would ask depending on your needs. I do extensive research when renting an apartment and have had some not so great experiences. I can assure you the Devlins are well known in the town of Ostuni and many locals will recommend their apartments to friends visiting. Such an authentic place to stay in a very beautiful town. We really did not require anything but if you do Jane is your contact person and from other reports seems to be readily available to help guests. Were I to return to Ostuni I would stay in exactly the same place (or any of their properties) as it was exactly what I was looking for.

tonybooth
croxley green
“Lovely apartments, fascinating town, beautiful area”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed for a week in Ombroso and our friends stayed next to us in Alcova, and we were very impressed. Ombroso was spacious, comfortable and well-equipped, and our friends were very happy in Alcova. It is also very centrally located in the beautiful town of Ostuni, in a quiet (at least it was in October) and atmospheric part of town. We were provided with lots of useful information by Tim and Angela. We loved wandering around the old town, window-shopping and having coffee breaks. Went to some lovely restaurants too, and were made very welcome at the nearby cafe-bar Monna Lisa. We hired a car for the week and made good use of it with daily trips to the coast (we swam most days and were lucky with the weather) and visits to some very interesting sights (highlights were Monopoli and the fabulous Lecce). Once we got the hang of parking (thanks to Tim's detailed instructions) it was very straightforward, and we learned to ignore Satnav when it tried to take us into the warren of narrow streets close to the apartments. We would have no hesitation in returning to the apartments.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
kadi979
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Second week in October 2013 - a week earlier or a week later and the weather would have been wonderful. But we'd arrived to torrential rain and thought the holiday was going to be a disaster. NOT SO!!

First, the apartment was charming, comfortable and ideally placed to explore the wonderful old town and restaurants of Ostunl. And the mountains of local information supplied by our hosts Angela and Tim left us in no doubt there were rich veins of culture and gastronomy to be mined in the region.

Ostuni is centrally placed to explore the many delights of Puglia, which we did in abundance, having only managed one successful sunny day on the beach. But we ended up being almost thankful for the inclement (but always warm) weather that forced us over the course of the week to thoroughly tour and investigate the southern area, from the delightful coastal towns of Polignano and Monopoli, down to the baroque gem of Lecce in the south, across to Taranto and back through the central areas and their magical hilltop towns - the stand-out one being, Locorotundo,

And now, for me, the most important part - the food. Boy was it good!! I'm half Italian and so is my wife so we are not easily impressed but I have to say we both thought it the best food we've ever had in Italy, and much to our amazement, the most reasonably priced. The meals were too numerous list but if if you like both sea food and pasta and you only eat out twice on your whole holiday, here's what to do.

For the ultimate Pasta (and here's a paradox) go to the DELFINO FISHMONGERS just up the hill from the apartment. It has a few basic tables outside, so if you don't want to cook their fish at home they will cook and serve your choice from its incredible array of fresh daily catches. I asked them to make me a sea food pasta with Rici (fresh sea urchin roe) - an idea I'd got from a Rick Stein food programme and always wanted try. It was so good we revisited another two evenings for the same dish, unheard of for us. I urge you try it.

For the ultimate sea food meal go to the Ristorante Miramare da Michele near the Torre at Santa Sabina. It's situated on a tiny harbour wall in a small cove with attendant beach where fishermen sell their daily catch direct from their tiny, beached boats beneath the restaurant's kitchen windows - and you don't get fresher than that! We eat there three times and it just got better and better. Difficult to recommend just one thing because it depends on the daily catch, but whatever it is, the level of cooking expertise and presentation are first class - and again - great value for money!

The beauty of Puglia was that it was the first time that an intended beach holiday having gone pear shaped(and there have been a few) where we found so much else to do to turn a disaster into a triumph. Puglia was a truly memorable destination to which we will certainly return and hope to incorporate the only missing ingredient of our recent trip - the wonderful southern Italian weather.

Thanks Angela and Tim, we couldn't have done it without your help, encouragement and spot on accommodation.

Best
Kadi and Kim

Value Location
Cleanliness Service
Traveling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing