“very nice hotel!”

Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Athens, Greece
“very nice hotel!”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

it is a clean hotel! it is in a very nice location. I will go there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Quebec
Reviewed November 11, 2010

The hotel is walking distance from the port, the room itself quite small and balcony even smaller. There is a lovely courtyard where we spent some time in the evening. If you're only staying one night or two it's great, afforbable and clean. Would recommend thi Hotel.
Tammy and John from Canada

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We were captured by Captain Manoli at the port and firmly escorted to the hotel, which is one minute from where you get off the ferry, and right in the centre of town. The rooms were basic and fairly small but very clean as was the bathroom. The beds were comfy and it was extremely quiet at night. No complaints at all. Great for a short stay. He charged us 50 Euros a night and wouldn't budge!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2010

If you are looking for a cute little pension without a lot of frills and with a reasonable price tag, Captain Manolis is where it's at. This place was SO, SO close to the ferry - easily walked even with a large suitcase. Captain himself came to fetch me from the ferry as I had pre-booked a package through a youth hostel in Athens. The location was an excellent jumping off point for roaming the cute-as-a-button town, renting a car, visiting nearby beaches by bus, and dining. I think the posted rate on the back of the door was 30 Euros a night for May (still considered off season), for a room with 2 beds and a working fridge. Rough marble floors helped keep the place cool at night, and the air conditioning worked just great. No screens on my window meant I did arrive home to a small lizard in the shower, but I disposed of him humanely and without too much fuss. The rate supposedly includes breakfast but Captain wrote a note for me to have breakfast at his friend's cafe down the road....which never did open!! I waited 20 minutes and no one showed up. The next morning he sent me to a different cafe; I was never reimbursed for the first day's lack of breakfast which I paid for. He did however give me some nice wine out a jug stored in the communal mini kitchen which includes free coffee (no tea).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Lindesnes Municipality, Norway
Reviewed May 7, 2010

When arriving with the ferry, the owner "highjacked" us in the harbour. He started with a rate of 50euro for doubleroom. After a little competition with anoyher hotelowner, we ended with 35, breakfast included. (Have in in mind that May is a very low-season and Greece are in deep financial trouble). The room wasn't anything special, it was small but with a good bed. The bathroom was even smaller, but with plenty of hot water in the shower. Breakfast was served in a nice nearby restaurant. The hotel dont serve breakfast themselves, and the owner didn't want us to show other guests that we got his hand-written note to "pay" with. Free wi-fi in the breakfast restaurant. Location is excellent, close to harbour, restaurants, shops and major sights. If you want luxury go another place, but if you want to have short walks to everything, stay with Captain Manolis.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Argentina
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I stayed here for only one night. I booked by email, with a little trouble because the manager speaks little english and the first price he asked was higher than the one posted on their website. Anyhow, we soon agreed and I paid the 27,5 euros they offered for a single room, but gota double room with two single beds, mini-fridge, fan and ceiling fan. It was very big, specially the bathroom, and absolutely clean.

The hotel is in the main square and has a second entrance in the back. It's location is absolutely perfect, less than 200 meters from the ferry dock and the bus station, and near all banks and restaurants. When I arrived a guy from the hotel was offering rooms in the dock, and when I told him I had reservations he kindly show me the way.

I was asked to pay in advance, cash because supposedly "the machine" wasn't working. The good thing was they let me keep the key all the time and I just had to leave it in the door when I left, which saved me time the next morning.

Finally, I must say the hotel has a nice garden to which every room has a balcony with chairs and a table. I didn´t have time to use it but it looked great to chill out or have a self made dinner.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
western australia
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had to stay overnight in Paros and wanted to be near the ferry. The owner was one of many touting. He was pleasant and we paid a good rate with no hassles. The rooms were small but clean and an efficient bath room. No breakfast was included but there were several good cafes very close and well priced. Also right on the pedestrian mall.
No noise from bars was a bonus. It also had a lovely court card to sit and read.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends