Open today: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great naturist sailing adventure

In June of 2018 my wife and I did a short naturist sail with skipper Antonius on the 40 ft... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Nbeachs
Wine Coast Country California, California
Trip of a Lifetime!

When my husband first suggested we add a 4 day sailing trip of the lower Cyclades to our 30th... read more

Reviewed November 17, 2018
Michael E

All reviews small cyclades sailing trip greek islands play cards each evening highly recommend this company adult children fantastic week young family authentic experience beautiful coves in depth knowledge windy conditions experienced skipper koufonisia iraklia sailboat
Reviewed October 14, 2018

I cannot encourage you enough to take a chance with GWY and the idea of spending your vacation on the water. Yes, its a bit like camping because your room is a cabin and your bathroom is small, but everything else is amazing!! (PS. I don't camp.) Antonis was our skipper (and owner) who from the second we walked on the boat was warm and always encouraged open communication which made the trip so relaxing. We did the Santorini route and if I was to do it again I would stay in the small Cyclades, the small islands were my favorite. Antonis also worked with us to meet up with my parents frequently who were on a parallel trip since my mother gets sea sick, although she did join us for the longest sailing leg and Antonis kept her busy at the wheel!! THANK YOU!! You won't experience anything like sailing the islands, you have access to so much that you cannot have access to by land. You don't have to waste your time on a ferry and you could take a day trip but then you share a boat with a ton of tourists. Not to mention its like having a built in tour guide the whole time, to chat about Greek culture, each island and just life. The majority of the time it was just my husband and I (except when my parents where aboard) so we had an entire cabin for our luggage. Please don't think twice!! Book your trip with GWY!!! (We sailed in Italy for 2 days and one night as well - its the only way to go!!) This company is A+ from start to finish Apostolos was helpful from the start when helping book the trip with travel options, lodging for my parents, planning the route, etc.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Ilias was our captain. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional. He was also an overall wonderful and nice person. The BEST THING about doing this trip, is I believe you truly get to experience the real Greece! You are not busy with the tourist things. You see things rarely seen by others, you see beauty and you learn much about their culture. We had dinner with Ilias every night and it was wonderful! He helped us to try new things and explained many things to us. The islands are so beautiful and the water is perfect. Ilias truly formed the trip to what we wanted to do and made it amazing. I highly recommend this company and this form of trip for anyone considering visiting the islands of Greece! We would sail based on how long we really wanted too, but then would spend much of our time either swimming or exploring the islands. Ilias knows almost everyone on the islands so that made it easy to find a great restaurant and where to shop. The boat was in perfect condition and easy to use. We never cooked on the boat, we chose to always eat ashore.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Loved our trip on Andreas with George as our skipper. We sailed around the Small Cyclades, were able to stop and swim in the beautiful blue waters and explore some of the most interesting ports. George was helpful in letting us know places to eat and explore when we were at port to get an authentic experience.

We have our own sailboat so we were really looking to a sailing adventure along but due to weather and winds we motored more than we anticipated.

One thing we thought might improve things would be a fan because the nights and cabin can be warm at night and make it a bit uncomfortable to sleep.

Date of experience: September 2018
693apostolosv, Public Relations Manager at Greek Water Yachts, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Dear Erin,
Thanks for the time you spend to write a great review for your trip.
Our skippers always try to give an authentic experience to our guests.
Weather condition is always an important factor during the trip.
Giorgos must have forgotten to show you where the fans were(-:

Best
Apostolos

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We sailed on the Andreas for 7 days with Ilias as our skipper. This trip was AMAZING!!

We worked with Apostolos to book the trip, he was extremely helpful and able to answer all our questions (even considering the time differences, he always responded very quickly). I knew based on how organized he was that I was dealing with a solid company.

When we got to the boat, we were met by Antonis (owner) to go over our paperwork and to discuss what to expect during our week on the boat. He was extremely professional and wanted to make sure we were happy and would enjoy our time sailing.

Our skipper was Ilias - we didn't have a concern all week thanks to this guy! He was very professional regarding sailing (he could back the boat into the dock between 2 boats seamlessly, I don't know that I could park a car that well!) Spending a week on a boat with someone we just met was not a problem at all - Ilias was friendly, always making us laugh and sharing some amazing stories about his life and about sailing. He took us to great restaurants, told us interesting things to see on each island, and was always willing to go along with whatever we wanted to do.

The trip itself was spectacular! Having never been to Greece before, I wasn't sure what to expect - the Small Cyclades far exceeded my expectations. The water was beautiful, we stopped at various coves throughout the week to swim while we were sailing between islands, very remote and pristine, even more impressive than pictures I've seen. The islands we visited were really interesting to see - a few were very small with just a few restaurants, others were bigger with a lot of activity, but all of them were very authentic and interesting (I had originally wanted to go to Mykonos or Santorini but having seen the islands we went to, I know I would have been disappointed with how busy and touristy these 2 islands were). The food was amazing, the people were friendly and landscape was spectacular.

I can't say enough good things about our experience with Greek Water Yachts - if you're considering a sailing trip, this is the company to use. Right from the beginning of planning this trip, they were extremely helpful, when we arrived they made sure to greet us and make sure we understood that our only responsibility was to enjoy ourselves, and for the next 7 days that's exactly what we did.

Date of experience: September 2018
693apostolosv, Public Relations Manager at Greek Water Yachts, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Hello Mark,

We're so happy that you decided to book your trip with us!

I really enjoyed planning the trip with you especially now that I know that you had an amazing week! Thanks again for choosing to sail with Greek Water Yachts!

Hope to arrange a future sailing trip for you.

Kind regards

Apostolos

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We were in regular contact with Apostolos from Greek Water Charters who answered all our questions before the trip. He arranged our catamaran 420 with George from Archipel Club who met us at the port and introduced us to our skipper Harris. Apostolos was even there to see us off. We had a great 7 day cruise in the smaller Cyclades. Good sailing and interesting places without hoards of tourists. Harris' favourite bars and restaurants were always good. The catamaran was spacious enough for our family of 6 and the skipper. We highly recommend Greek Water Charters and the Archipel Club.

Date of experience: July 2018