“Rest and relaxtion at the Hotel Polos”
Review of Polos Hotel

Polos Hotel
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
scubanurse2
“Rest and relaxtion at the Hotel Polos”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful property, beautiful pool, helpful staff, excellent location. Close to the beach, and the best restaurants. Excellent WiFi at the pool for those travelling with teens. Quiet and serene by the pool...so easy just to lay back and relax

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scubanurse2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Allauch, France
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at Polos Hotel with my family and a Greek friend for 6 days in July. No need to say that if I have to come back in the area that's the place I'll stay again. Marios, the manager, was very helpful and did his maximum to make our stay unforgatable. I deeply recommand this hotel. He knows the best beaches to go and the best restaurant to eat. The staff is very nice and hepful. The atmosphere is cool. I had the feeling of beeing at home...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I came to this hotel in refuge after I had a bad experience at a hotel a few streets over, and after confusion on their part, to make a long story short, I ended up sharing a room with a very sweet Swiss couple, as a solo female traveler. Uncomfortable to say the least.

** I came here, hoping to find a room to appease my shoestring budget as a backpacker going through Europe. I was shown a room downstairs which.. wasn't the best but I was desperate.

I came back with my luggage and another staff member showed me to my room. I told him they already had a room downstairs for me and he said "No, beautiful. I have much better room for you." I said "Same Price? :D" and he said, "Yes of course, a beautiful room for a beautiful girl."

This hotel saved me from a bad situtation and I cannot thank them enough! They even charged me half what the normal rate was for that room. Please go to this hotel, for their kindness alone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at Polos hotel for 2 nights and then came back a week later to stay an extra night while on Paros. The overall experience with the hotel was delightful!!! When we were booking the hotel back home in Australia, they always replied immediately and were incredibly helpful and descriptive in answering all of our questions hotel, transport and island related. They helped us book ferries, tours, activities and even recommended the top things to do on the island which didnt disappoint! The hotel itself is perfectly located only 20m from the beach and 5min walk from the port and town centre. There was a lovely little bakery next door and lots of quality dining facilities near by. The pool and bar area is gorgeous and if you get a room with a balcony overlooking it, its even better! Breakfast was good quality for its price and the rooms are cosy and contain everything that is described. What topped off the experience for us was when we came back and we got a free upgrade to room by the pool courtesy of the lovely receptionist! Overall I would rate this hotel as an all round winner especially for its friendly and incredibly helpful staff. Definitely come here if you are coming to Paros!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lymm
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights whilst island hopping, the staff were extremely helpful, nice hotel, with a nice pool, good value for money. Breakfast was included in the price, so we weren't expecting much, but we were pleasantly surprised. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarbaraMaryW
Ireland
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in July 2012 for two weeks. There were four of us girls travelling and we were all so so so glad we found this hotel. It is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit Parikia. It is close to all the restaurants, shops, beach, port and old town which is a must see. The hotel itself is clean with great facilities! There is a gorgeous pool with plenty of sun loungers. The breakfast is great (we were only up early enough to eat it once). The staff are fantastic, some of the nicest people I had ever come across! Do not stay anywhere else

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank sinz_me
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

June 6th- 10th 2012 Paros was the first Island on our Island hopping holiday. After an overnight stay in Santorini we caught the ferry to Paros which took about 4 hours.
Polos Hotel at Parikia a 3 star had been booked by our travel agent Thomas Cook on a bed and breakfast basis and was a short journey from the port. The room was disappointing in need of an upgrade very loud plumbing, rock hard off white towels an old style box television which was of no use. However the pool area was lovely would benefit from mattresses on the sunbeds although not used by many during our stay as the beginning of June is still low season. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us very welcome when we were the only ones who had a drink in the bar area at night, the breakfast served was adequate. There are numerous tavernas in the area but we could not find many café/bars just to have a drink.
Parikia is the capital of Paros and after booking an island tour we were fortunate to have an excellent guide we learnt a lot about the Venetian history in Parikia with its narrow winding streets and where houses have been built on top of archaeological ruins. The sunset views can be quite spectacular from the harbour area. This tour is the best way to experience a taste of the island and because there is such good road links and bus routes it is possible to revisit sites at your leisure. The highlight for me was a short 10 minute ferry crossing to Antiparos well worth a visit it has lovely beaches, a venetian castle with a gothic gate, it is also rumoured Tom Hanks and Madonna have properties on this pretty island.
WARNING- we were targeted by a team of at least 3 eastern European pick pockets at the port of Santorini my husband had his wallet stolen from a zipped pocket in the front of this shorts. We had obviously been observed whilst having a coffee at the port and then while queuing to board the ferry they took advantage of the crowds asking to push past towards the toilets where they made their escape through a back entrance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parikia
Apollon Boutique Hotel
Minois Village Hotel Suites & Spa
Manis Inn
Manis Inn
#15 of 46 in Naoussa

Been to Polos Hotel? Share your experiences!