Polos Hotel
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Not luxury but friendly, clean and nice. All in the group liked this place. Close to the Sea and nice garden and very friendly staff. You made us to love Paros. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bernharddavid

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Hotel Polos was clean, with a very helpful and welcoming staff. Breakfast was included and it had variety and always well stocked. The rooms are a good size and not run down. The pool area is beautiful and the pool itself is large. You can't go wrong staying at Hotel Polos, everything is well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank red_eye_64
Reviewed July 26, 2011

After being shafted by nearby Frangiscos Hotel, being forced to leave my drivers license and greeted by a huge cockroach in my room, the next morning I was thankful to find the Hotel Polos. It is very clean; the staff is helpful and caring; the rooms were very clean and cool. The pool is beautiful and HUGE. A nice respite from a day of walking around in the hot sun. Breakfast is optional, for 5 euros. It was around 40 euros a night in June.

Room Tip: My room was on the reception level and was nice and cool so if you're going in late summer, ask...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank RaquelSanJose
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I want first of all to thank the two French women at the reception, named Alex and Lorance ...they are simply amazing ! Truly . I've been staying in many places but such fresh ,professional , smily ( the true smile ,not the fake professional one ), it is rare .Nothing is too much of a bother to them .If you have to stay in Polos hotel , go for them two , you won't be disappointed .
They never complained but I could notice that their boss was giving them a hard time , a rude man to his staff ,screaming and looking mad at times .Whenever I was talking to them , he would interfere , obviously bothered .He was always "polite" and fake to the guests . Not a man I 'd recommend , he is lucky to have so good and professional staff( apart from the night man who is a useless nightman .I do give him a ZERO) , otherwise I do believe a lot of guests would check out in no time as the hotel may be clean but the rooms are outdated and the bathrooms too small ...it sure needs a renovation ! And the breakfast buffet is poor ,no interest ( better go to the bakery next door and buy a tasty croissant )
On the other hand the swimming pool area is lovely and the water spotless .
You'll have a great time if you avoid the boss and that night man ....Alex & Lorance are worth all the money of your stay .

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ingalley
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I stayed for a couple of nights at the Polos Hotel and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The staff were charming (and the cleaning staff were really friendly). The room was basic but very clean and the pool and gardens are really special. Alex was so friendly and always ready with any advice about the area. I had some really good meals in the restaurants nearby and especially enjoyed coming back after a meal and sitting on my room's lovely balcony sipping a cold Ouzo and water. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank VictoriaDevon
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Great people run this place, beautiful pool, great location near everything but very quiet. Comfortable, clean rooms, great price, one block to beach. We rented a bike (highly recommend doing this) and loved to ride along the beach road, which has traffic but is manageable, to the labyrinth area. Along the way are many tavernas with seating right on the waterfront. Rented a car for one day to see the other towns on the island. The staff, especially Alex, were wonderful. We were there in May and we heard it gets crowded in July and August but all resorts do get crowded then. Planned to stay one day and stayed a whole week, with side trip for 3 days to Santorini and day trips to Mykonos/Delos. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I love that place as we were very welcomed but I had trouble with the cleaners 'behaviour .They didn't seem Greek though hearing them talking out loud ( too often !!!!) I couldn't point out their language .They were quite rude when the boss was not around even with some members of the staff as me and my partner could notice but like " sugary " when the boss was around .I didn't like the way they talked to me once I tried to enter the hotel when they had just moped .I know they do a hard job ( don't we all ?!?!....according to our level of studies of course ;-))but the way they talked to me without any manners to make sure I wouldn't come in was totally RUDE ! do they forget we are paying for our stay and that's the way they get a salary !!!!!! I wish the boss would pay more attention to that .Those despitful cleaners should consider themselves lucky to be working in Greece as they seem to be in command ...in any other part of Europe they would have been fired already for despitful behavior ! I enjoyed all my stay apart from the cleaners and the old Greek woman at breakfast who doesn't even speaks english ( how comes she works in tourism ?????I 'll never get it !) but really the rest of the staff was friendly and the place in a great location .

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parikia
Sunset View Hotel & Apartments
Akrotiri Hotel
#2 of 46 in Parikia
Minois Village Hotel Suites & Spa
Kalypso Hotel & Apartments

Been to Polos Hotel? Share your experiences!