All reviewspanoramic view of the seaamazing sunsetsmall hillthis lovely hotelevery summerport areagreat roomchecking innice poolbig balconyspecial thanksstayed nightsmillstownislandparosserviceminded
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is very good price-quality. Rooms are big and have beautiful views of the ocean an sunset. Each room has a little balcony with some chairs.
The bathroom is a little old and not clean enough for me.
Breakfast was ok, not much variety, no fruits.
The location is very good, we rented a moto and could get everywhere fast enough.
The owners are very kind people and even took us back to port in their own car the last day.
The pool is big and very nice.
For the price you are paying is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lolitaloft
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have just spend another great holiday on High Mill Hotel (from July 19 till July 26th 2012) - we keep coming back to this wonderful hotel - run by such a wonderful Greek family - who do their outmost to make your stay pleasant and me and my wife (who have become regulars) enjoy every moment of our stay - this family is so serviceminded and they really do everything to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable - I have not been disappointed one single time - we have stayed at this hotel four consecutive summers and we will keep coming back - we feel at home - we relax from the moment we set our feet at the hotel - normally we arrive in the evening - and every time we arrive - we are met by Zappi (the wonderful dog - who recognizes us now - maybe because we always give him some treats) - the sweet mother of the hotel and Pappa and Dimitris - it feels like coming home every year - Anastasia - the daughter - has just given birth to a lovely child - so she was not in the reception to greet us - but we had the opportunity to meet her at the hotel during our holidays and see her newborn child ! For me - personally - it is such a wonderful place to stay - I relax from "Day-one" and I talk a lot to the family running the hotel - so I feel more like a friend - coming for the annual visit - than I feel like a guest ! I even had the pleasure to drink some Ouzo together with Pappa and Dimitris in front of the hotel entrance one hot evening ! I would recommend this hotel at any time to anyone - it is so great and if you wanna try to make an effort to get closer to the family - then you will truly feel, how truly service-minded they are ! My holidays for Summer 2013 are already planned - we are going to High Mill Hotel again - we cant wait !! My very best greetings to the whole family - Thanks for another great holiday !!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aketo
Reviewed July 18, 2012

A friend and I recently stayed here for 5 days. We found it to be clean, quiet and reasonably priced. All the rooms have balconies and a beautiful view of the ocean. The rooms are fairly small, and the fridges, etc., somewhat dated, but everything worked, and we were comfortable.

The pool was large and clean, and a lovely break after a day at the beach or sightseeing, etc. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, with large terraces, lovely landscaping, and always with a view of the sea and the town.

Dimitri was a good and helpful host, the staff were all friendly, and we enjoyed our visit. Good breakfast included,too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie M
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Hotel - is about 1 mile from the port - so its a nice little walk, but not if you have bags. fortunately ( thanks to Ryanair) we travel light, with minimum bags, so its not a problem, and we chatted to the owner of the Mira restaurant on the main seafront street who very kindly gave us a lift to the hotel as our hotel didn't know our arrival time so they could collect us (not their fault).
The hotel is excellent, clean rooms, balcony, lovely sea-view, breakfast is plentiful, you can walk on the old road nearer the sea-front which is quiet and has teriffic views and lovely little beaches.
Negatives - the toilet cistern was filling up all night, it was fixed next day no problem, and when the neighbours use their loo or shower it gets noisy, the little fridge was a bit noisy too. There's some mosquitos in the room so beware - spray before going out at night - fly spray can be got in the shops close-by. Dimitri and staff are very nice and helpful. The swimming pool is very nice with a good seaview.

Room Tip: No tips necessary
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oconjohn
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed at this hotel in October for two nights which arose from a package including other islands and ferry crossings. Found the staff to be quite assisting and pleasant. Our room on the first floor was well enought appointed and looked over the pool from an extensive balcony also facing towards the ocean with sunset views. The cleanliness of the room was satisfactory and the location of the hotel about a ten minute walk to restaurants and secondary shopping areas including supermarket.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple