“Been going back 3 years in a row”
Review of Cavo d'Oro

Cavo d'Oro
Ranked #63 of 89 Restaurants in Parikia
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since 1980 Cavo Doro Restaurant , at Parikia of Paros Island only 500m meters away from the port , continues to offer you Italian and local Greek specialties . Our menu is created to offer you classic Greek recipes and traditional tastes of Italy and of course our famous pizzas . We offer to our customers for many years now the best we can . We use the best quality products in our kitchen and the result is also delicate and nice.You can join our us from 11:00 in the morning until midnight and try our tastes , and especially our pizzas , pastas and greek cuisine . Our restaurant is a reference place in Parikia for years now and well known for its nice atmosphere , good service and of course the nice tastes . Antonis Vasilas and his sons and the staff waits you to offer the best they can serve to you .
“Been going back 3 years in a row”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

3 years ago when I first visit Paros, Cavo d'Oro was recommend. We went and had the bacon wrapped chicken souvlaki, it was really delicious. We have return there several times each summer for the past 3 years while visiting Paros and will continue to recommend to others and even though I just got home from vacation yesterday, I am already looking forward to eating here again next summer! It's one of the best places to eat and has a large menu to cater to all taste.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
“Money Grabbing”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Wanted a good pizza seen they has a wood fired pizza oven, place seemed ok. Ordered 2 pizzas and a bottle of wine. The bottle we ordered was not available (8 Euro) only the 16 Euro bottle was available .... ok (wine was really bad). Pizzas took ages but were of a very good standard. Service was slow, kind of rude. Seen they tacked on 2 euro for bread we did not order or eat as we were having pizza. I would usually pay and say nothing but refused to pay. The manager took the two euro off our bill of 45EURO - > 43 EURO (Very expensive given where we could have eaten). Dampened the evening would not recommend, plenty of pizza places closer to the square.

4 Thank Paul C
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Last Minute Decision”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had lunch at Cavo d'Oro and boy am I glad we did. The food was so delicious with generous portion sizes. The staff was very friendly and overly helpful when I was picking my meal considering my life threatening nut and seed allergy. The staff made a special batch of the garlic bread for us on their oven made bread as opposed to the ones they usually use. My boyfriend got the mafiaozo pasta which was absolutely amazing. I got the club extreme sandwich which was also delicious. We have a couple more days left in Paros and will probably be eating there again!

Carnelian Bay, California
“Million Dollar Experience for low money”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Young Inn in Parikia on Paros for ten days. Wasn't the plan, just fell in love with the place. The Cavo d'Oro was our favorite place to eat. We often sat at one of the tables on the beach watching the sunset while enjoying a Greek salad, sharing a pizza baked in their wood fire oven, or a pasta dish, or a traditional Greek Mousaka. Even though I couldn't pronounce it, I really liked the Soutzoukakia which the menu said was spicy. That's a word I learned to avoid in Thailand. The warning was unnecessary, it was delicious.
Prices are quite reasonable, it's a no pressure family business, fun to visit.

Athens, Greece
“Simply unforgettable, unique experience of tasty specialities, Picturesque landscape”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

As I was walking at the restaurants of Paroikia by the sea, cavo d’oro attracted my interest. It had a big seafront dinning place with relaxing chairs and romantic candles. Also, the Newly Renovated inside dining place had a lot of tables and the background was hand painted with scenes of ancient Greek History and Monuments. This restaurant was the most crowded all around, so I decided to dine in the next day there, but a little bit earlier in order to enjoy the wonderful sunset and avoid the big mass of customers.

So, after my first experience, I was absolutely delighted both of service and food. Initially, a smily girl from the staff showed me the ideal table and gave the Restaurant Menu. It was plentiful with a lot dishes of Greek and Italian Cuisine and a big variety of starters and salads. After the order, they served us their hot handmade bread baked in the wood oven which flavor was extremely wonderful. Do not hesitate to ask for a second one. “Valsamiko” salad was huge and absolutely delicious, actually enough for two people. The Large size “Greek lovers” pizza, also baked in the wood oven, we tried was really the best I have ever had.

After this dinner, it was clear that they use the freshest and high quality ingredients. I appreciated it so much and I went back the next night and ordered pasta. This time, I ordered for side dishes potatoes ala crem in the oven and a Roma salad. For main dishes, the choices were spaghetti ala Cavo d’oro and Tagliatelle Italiana. The wine was also excellent. All 4 of our choices were really great. Tagliatelle was fresh made in the restaurant and spaghetti Cavo d’oro was covered with plenty of pizza’s ingredients completing a delicious original dish. So much flavour packed into their dishes and all cooked to perfection. Congratulations to chef.

At the end of each meal, waiters offer for free some ice cream or a local sweet or a Greek spirit. The waiting staff were excellent and very accommodating, also with attention to detail and joining an actual conversation about our holidays without being annoying. I was really surprised by the whole performance of the restaurant.

Paros has a lot of places for food but if I had to choose one, Family Managed Welcoming Cavo D’oro would be my unquestionable option.

I would definitely visit it more times and recommend it.

Really Worths a visit.