“Go Greek or go International - its all here!”

Aromas Traditional Tavern
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Parikia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Go Greek or go International - its all here!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I dined with friends or alone at Aromas more than any other restaurant during my 4 week stay on Paros. Dinner around 8 times and lunch on at least 4 occasions and every meal was a pleasure. Whether ordering traditional Greek, which was always bang on in terms of price and taste or the international menu which changed every weekend, I never had a bad meal at Aromas. It is a restaurant frequented by locals and tourist alike and is always buzzing with a great atmosphere and location by the fishing harbour, on the seafront. Especially looked forward to whatever 'international' treats were available each weekend and enjoyed amazing 5 star meals from Mexico, the Far East, Malaysia, South/Central America (missed out on Egypt, Lebanese, Moroccan, Spanish and many more which I would have gone back for again and again if I could). As it was I often went back for lunch the next day so as not to miss one item on the menu! Caroline, Dimitri and the team were always super welcoming and although often run off their feet, took time out to talk to customers and get to know you. Strange habit of not clearing plates after the main meal or being rather slow when asked for the bill is COMPLETELY normal on any Greek island (yep, took me a while to get used to it, but its just the norm!), so if you want your bill quickly, give them plenty of notice and you will be fine.

1 Thank Jo J

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great meals for very low prices”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I just read some bad reviews for this wonderful taverna and to be honest I'm astounded. Every time I've been to Aroma the food has been great, the service very friendly, quick and efficient, and the place itself beautiful, with views across the marina and the whole the bay of Parikia.
Added to all that they had a chef cooking food from all over the world at weekends.
Ignore the bad reviews. Aroma is one of the best on Paros.

1 Thank andypar0s
antwerpen
“Quality traditional Greek and world cuisine.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Aromas offers great traditional Greek food at a fair price in a lovely setting along the seafront. As a bonus in the weekend they also have a specials menu with world cuisine. This menu varies weekly. While we were there we had Thai one week and Indian the next.

Valencia
“Excellent fresh fish”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

After my first dinner there, I regreted not being at this restaurant in any of my previous days in Paros. Still I had another chance the next day before leaving :-) I ordered fresh fish (grilled sea bass) and I have to say that it was perfectly cooked and very tasty (and as someone grown at the seaside I'm quite an expert on that). The service was very good even if the place was crowded, and the restaurant and the terrace are really nice, you don't feel like in those turistic places.
If I have to say something to improve, it seems that the owner is controlling everything so the waiters can't take easy decissions or give simple advices to the clients. But of course, that means she cares about her business!

1 Thank Mercedes N
Coleorton
“Good but not as good as some of the reviews suggest”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my wife and some friends after reading the tripadvisor reviews and it was good but not quite as good as some of the reviews suggested. The menu is typically Greek and on the whole very good but not outstanding. The service was friendly but very slow, we skipped dessert as we didn't want to wait any longer and eventually had to leave the table to get the bill. This was a shame as on the whole it was a good meal, perhaps we caught them on an off night, but we came only feed back on our experience, which was OK but not as good as some of the other reviews.