“Great Turkish Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ephessus

Ephessus
Ranked #15 of 81 Restaurants in Parikia
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Madrid
“Great Turkish Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Apetizers and mains are excellent. Tables are just by the sea under nice tamarinds. Great option for dinner.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BaganChueca

• Greek first
Paros, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoy the best, original, Anatolian - Greek food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Roxani and Nick, the best owners of the best restaurant in Livadia of Paros. Special foods, special service, good company, nice music, everything at this restaurant. And all of this frond of the sea!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Katerina S
Melbourne
“Would probably not come again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I find it hard to believe that this place won an award for 2013. I don't get how?? We dined twice at this restaurant during our stay in Paros. Upon our first visit, it took the waitors a long time before they even gave us our menus. Understandably, they were busy, so I can forgive that. But even getting our drinks was a painful wait. The food was ok, nothing to write home about however their tzatziki was one of the best I've ever had.
The second time we went there (this time it was us and another 2 couples in the restaurant) it took them even longer to take our order down. We waited roughly 20 mins just to order drinks and food!! Our food arrived 15 mins later although we had to wait a further 25 mins for one of our last courses. Mind you, we had well and truly finished off everything else in the meantime. When I quizzed the waitor about why it took so long, he pretty much gave me nothing, stumbling the occasional 'I don't know' every now and then. Not even an apology. The service was frustrating because the waitors would have nothing to do, would look at you from afar but would never come to see if we were ready to order. At one point, it took 3 waitors to arrange and move one table and then they took a further 5 mins discussing if it looked better in its original position. So annoying!!
However, upon any pretty girl passing by and browsing through the menu was met with all waitors attending to every one of her questions.
Overall, there are nice views of the beach, ok food but service was one of the worst I've had in a country truly known for its outstanding hospitality. We would not ever be returning.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Georgie B
“Best food on Paros”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm a Greek American and I've been coming to Greece almost every summer of my life. I've had amazing food everywhere and I consider myself a food snob. This place has to have some of the best food I've ever had in my life. I also never write reviews but I had to write one for this place. The manti (almost like Greek dumplings) were outstanding. The dough was clearly made from scratch and not just some frozen garbage. The sauce, melted butter, and spices on top set this dish off. Definitely a must have appetizer. Their bread, which is more of a flat bread, is also made from scratch and is perfect for scooping up all the left over juices and sauces. The gigantes (giant beans in red sauce) reminded me of how my grandmother used to make them. Another amazing dish. Then there was the Escander kebab.......I don't even know where to begin. Let me start this off with saying in a perfect world I would have this at least 6 times a week. The bottom of the dish is perfectly cut pieces of their homemade pita, on top of that is perfectly cooked veal and lamb kebab. Both of those are then covered with Greek yogurt and finally topped off with their homemade red sauce. If you don't get this dish when you go you're making an epic mistake that you'll regret for the rest of your life. On top of the excellent food there was amazing service. They're very proud of their food and you can see how happy they are when you compliment their food. You have to try this place. Seriously.

• Visited August 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Sunset delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you have to decide where to eat in the main town on Paros, I doubt there is a better experience to be had than to be at the Restaurant Ephessus. The staff here listened to our every wish, and achieved what we wanted even better than we asked. The situation with a table at the water's edge, and then food and wine that were both of excellent quality and value. What more can one ask. Well done!

• Visited July 2013