“The most amazing place at the Greek islands”
Review of Magaya

Magaya
Ranked #12 of 83 Restaurants in Parikia
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Magaya
Helsinki, Finland
“The most amazing place at the Greek islands”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visiting Paros island for the first time and i found this place. This Heaven is located is one of the most beautiful Greek islands, on Paros. If you ever visit Paros this place is a MUST!!! The people that work there are amazing and always helpful. The food is delicious! I had my most beautilful memories from there. Reggae music and Jah-Rastafarai... Love you all <3

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Esteban M

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Windsor
“Love this Restaurant, great Atmosphere, Staff and Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I regular at Magaya, the food is awesome with a varied Menu and the fish is some of the best I've eaten on the island. really friendly staff excellent service and great value for money.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank asapearce
Athens, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“again and again and again delicious”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

excellent food combined with a stress free atmosphere. nice staff, everything fresh, good cocktails.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tina K
Los Angeles, California
“Seriously”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Magaya is quite simply a treasure. We have been coming to Paros roughly every three years, since 1997, and we usually spend half our time at Magaya. To call it a restaurant would be myopic. While it does provide some of the best contemporary Greek food on the island (and the region more broadly)---fresh and sophisticated without being showy or self-important---Magaya is so much more than that. There's the beach, of course, which is nice and rarely crowded, featuring a few tasteful wooden lounges and cabanas rather than the usual garish fare. But more importantly, the place offers a variety of environments to alternate between. There's the central bar for conversation with a consistently jovial mix of locals and travelers, a crowd which tends to run from mid-20s to late-30s (with the occasional aging sage thrown in for color). Built-in couches orbit the bar in patters conducive to small group activities (e.g., cards or board games), and individual nooks perfect for reading or an hour's work on your laptop pepper the periphery. You can get lost in hammock and nap...indefinitely. Unlike most cafes or restaurants on the island, Magaya stays open throughout the afternoon. If you want to come for lunch or dinner, there's always a table free on one tier or another of the large but intimately structured dining area. You can have fresh seafood or an inventive salad; tapas or a square meal. The menu is extensive but not overwhelming, and there are usually various enticing specials. The music tends to be light and beachy, never cheesy or invasive. And you should get to know the staff, who are all invariably pleasant, accommodating, and easy to talk to. The brother-and-sister team who've long owned the place are always around, at the bar or in the kitchen, and are two of the best people you'll meet, on Paros or full stop. I don't really understand why Magaya isn't mobbed. Maybe it's because they don't advertize in town, or because it's off an unmarked side-street (just outside the main mass of building that constitute central Parikia). To tell the truth, I was a bit ambivalent about writing this review and revealing the joys of Magaya to the general public. But it's done so right by us over the years, and in this economy, a little press is the least we can do for it. Don't miss out. Heck, plan your vacation around this place.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank CasperinoMan
Hilleroed/DENMARK
“A re-visit at a fantastic place”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Once again we spend our summer vacations (15days in July 2013) in Parikia/Paros and during our stay we made several visits to our favourite chill-out place.- Magaya - for breakfast/brunch - for dinner - for an "after-beach-drink" or a live-concert. The people, who run the place and work there are pretty much "the regulars" and they are very nice service-minded people, who make you feel comfortable from the moment you walk into Magaya - they have become VERY good friends to me - people I look forward to meeting every summer. The Young girls, who are serving you are always full of smiles and give a great service - so nice !!
The food at Magaya is fantastic - I have tried almost every dish they have had on the menu - since we started to come to Magaya for more than 12years ago - and I have not yet experienced, that I have had to leave food on my plate, because I did not like their food - if I have left anything, it has only been because I have been so full - because they serve nice big dishes there.
The atmosphere at Magaya is always relaxed and "laid-back" - a great place to come and really relax and enjoy your vacation - which I do so often !!
Their food-menu is first-class - I can highly recommend to go there for eating - any time of the day.
I cannot wait to go back there next Summer - I miss that place so much already !!

• Visited July 2013