Contaratos Beach Hotel
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Zefi Hotel(Naoussa)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbeach bargreek islandsnice stayminute strollfantastic hotelquiet beachswimming poolhire carsun loungersbars and restaurantsseatowngreeceparoschristinawindyferry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have been going to the Greek islands since 1981. Visited many of them and they are all beautiful. Paros stands out among them. I keep going back to Naousa time after time. Beautiful, cosmopolitan, and still has some of that old small town Greek feeling to it. Every time I go there I stay at Contaratos beach. It's a beautiful hotel, situated close to town (10 min walk), with a beautiful beach and without the noise that accompanies the usual tourist spots. The rooms are beautiful, immaculately clean, and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. Have a hard time deciding between the pool and the sea sometimes. They both have their own allure. But what I find especially good is the food. Not that many guest seem to take advantage of it. It's like getting a home cooked meal every time, fresher and tastier than anything in town. Can't say enough about it. I'll just keep going back there every chance I get. Don't miss out if you get the chance.

Room Tip: Best views are from the rooms that face the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Socrates M
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was our third summer holiday in Paros. Have stayed at the hotel and the appartments plently of times and will always be returning back there. This is actually the ONLY property located exactly in front of Agioi Anargyroi beach at that area, making your stay absolutely convinient. There is nothing we don't like and will definately return back to this hotel next summer too.

The location is amazing, the views of the ocean breath-taking, the pool is fantastic, rooms are kept immaculately clean, food is delicious and the manager Giannis and his family are always happy to accommodate any of your requests.

It makes me sad to have read comments regarding ants, bugs and dirty sea water. Come on, these things are expected on an island. You can't blame the hotel for seeing insects, you are on the country side, nor saying that the sea is full of plastic when the staff keep it clean on a daily basis - it's just expected that when there's wind the ocean will be rough and the water will be tossed. I am Greek myself and maybe I am used to these kind of "stuff" and don't take them as a negative aspect that could possibly ruin my holiday.

Naoussa is great, lovely alleys to walk around and plenty of food options to choose from. Overall Paros is a charming Cycladic island combining a lot of beauties. Maybe rent a car and don't forget to get a camera with you!

I hope you enjoy Contaratos Beach as much as we do, can't wait for summer 2013!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DimsPappy
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed twice at Contaratos Beach Hotel with my now husband. There are a number of reasons I would highly recommend this hotel, and I am definitely going back whenever I get the chance. First, the location is perfect. With a beautiful (and VERY inviting) pool and pool area, you are nonetheless steps from the beach and beautiful water. The street is not large, so when people say across the street in their reviews, it is truly a matter of steps across the street to the beach edge. The beach is narrow, but totally lovely with chairs and straw-type umbrella covers. . . and gorgeous water to swim in. We went back and forth between the beach and the pool. The hotel is immaculately clean in all the public and private spaces, and the beds have very comfortable mattresses. The walk into town (Naoussa) is easy, and when you arrive there are many winding streets to explore with diverse shops and bars and restaurants. If you are a photographer, bring your camera so that you can take pictures all the time. Breakfast is nice, but I thought the real treat was when you order lunch at the poolside bar/cafe and get a really good home-cooked meal. (If you want just a sandwich or coffee, you can easily get that too.) The property and owners are well respected on the island, and any request you have seems to be easily and quickly met. The reception staff all speak multiple languages. The second time we were there, we rented a car for the day with the help of the hotel, and had a great time going around the whole island. A bus or taxi into Parikia (where you arrive by boat) is also easy and a worthwhile trip for more culture (don't miss the cathedral), shops, restaurants and cafes. I hope you enjoy Contaratos Beach Hotel as much as we did!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maggie411
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went in Paros for business for 4 days and I stayed in CBH I research the hotel from tripadvisor and I can tell that I am very happy! the location of the hotel is fantastic, its too close to Naousa in front of my room I had very nice view, the sea... all the people from the service was very helpful, my room was always clean as well the pool also. I hope to go again in Paros and book the same hotel for sure. P.s Naousa was very nice all the small bars and stores in old port.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Thanos p
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The room we stayed in was 'upgraded' as we were told the hotel was full. All our excitement vanished when we saw the upgrade consisted of an extra room with a jacuzzi tub and you need to pay if you wish to use it.
I think the hotel is great for families but not for couples. We had kids yelling, running around and banging at our doors. The beach was also very dirty, full of plastic bags and bottles in the water.
The hotel operates by biological cleaning and not even toilet paper should be thrown into the toilet. I'm fine with that, but the tiny bin in the toilet is not user friendly AT ALL. The bathtub did not have a curtain but rather a glass door that only covered half the tub. Needless to say, it was impossible to keep the bathroom dry.
The breakfast was horrible: food was cold with very few choices.
I think there are better alternatives in Naoussa.

• Stayed: July 2012