“Beautiful Pool, and Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Kosmitis Hotel
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Naoussa
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful Pool, and Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I recently spent 3 nights at Kosmitis, and aside from one incident it was an excellent stay.

The hotel is very well taken care of, with a big, beautiful pool that looks out over the water. They also have lounge chairs on the beach available to guests, and are a short walk from the lovely little town of Naoussa where shopping and restaurant choices abound.

The price was reasonable, the breakfast quite good, and overall service very good.

One little thing, which may seem silly but left a bad taste in my mouth was an incident I had with one of the owners. My friend and I ordered sandwiches by the pool, and as I placed the order I was asked if we wanted chips or fries- I clarified that it was a choice and after she said yes, I ordered and paid her for the sandwiches. When they were ready, the other employee told me she needed another $5 for the fries.I told her that the manager had offered them as a choice and to put it on my hotel bill if it was a problem.

Later, as I was checking out after a very nice stay, the same manager approached me when someone else was checking me out to tell me "She didn't suggest that fries were a choice." and "Of course they are more expensive than chips."

I could care less about the $5, and if it was that big of an issue they could have put it on my bill as I offered (which they did not). But what I do care about is having someone I've just paid $420 for a 3 night stay (during low season) come and chastise me in front of her staff about $5 fries. Not cool.

That said, I'd still recommend the hotel. It's a good find. And I LOVED Paros.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jessica L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

It's only a smidgen off of the beaten path. You're set away from the town, which is nice at night. It's about a 20 Euro trip to the port. The nice thing is that it's a short walk to town.

I found this place to be very relaxing!!! You can relax by the pool or by the sea. The pool also has a bar, so you either relax or socialize. The beach is right in front of the property, so you won't have to go far. Kosmitis will provide you with beach towels.

I plan on returning to Paros. I would end my trip there. That place made my trip. I highly recommend this hotel!

PROS: The management was pleasant and helpful. Clean pool. Room was clean. Comes with a refrigerator. You can listen to the waves. (Not a CD of waves, but the real thing... I slept VERY WELL here!!!!) Great balcony view. THE BEST SUNSET!!!! Naoussa's sunset blew Oia's out of the water!!!! What glorious colors!!!

CONS: I think the ants came in through the balcony. The beach isn't clean. It's windy, so a lot of trash blows into the water and onto the beach. It's not clean like Santorini's ports or beaches. Water isn't potable. They have a sign by the sink. Brush your teeth with bottled water. Pricey breakfast... We ate in town. What is UP with that HILL?! There's a hill in town when heading back to the hotel. So, don't drink too much raki!! Left foot... Right foot... Left foot... Right foot...

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water. You can see the sunset from your balcony if you're facing the pool...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank NowhereGuest2011
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

A great Base for touring around Paros. Beautiful pool and located right on the beach.
We enjoyed the nothing is too much trouble attitude of staff.
The quaint town nearby is great for eateries and shopping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Webwoman
Bruxelles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

All the reviews are correct, it's a matter of preference if you want a more quiet, bit remote place or if you want to be in the middle of the crowds.
We liked:
- family run hotel, nice owners, helped us with plenty of info before arrival and during our stay there
- immediate access to the beach (which is exceptional for Naousa Hotels); if you want to spend a lazy morning on a beach, there it is. We prefer the sea to the pool, so for us it was a nice bonus
- not in the middle of the crowds, but you can get to the city centre in 15-20 min walk, we liked the fact that it was remote, but with easy access to the fun
- quiet, clean, beautiful views (we made our reservations too late to get a sea view, but stil you see beautiful tipically greek landscapes)
We didn't like so much:
- the bar by the pool was closed after 18h00 or so; it's nice to have a drink by the pool in the evening as well, and there was nothing else nearby, you have to walk to the city to find a terrase/resto
- well...that's about it!

Naousa is a lovely place, you can easily find a boat to take you to Kolimbithres or Monastiri beach. We even walked a couple of times to Lagkeri beach (yes, we like to walk, it was half an hour away). We planned to visit the neighbouring islands, but we liked it so much Kolimbithres that we never managed to go:)
Have fun in Naousa!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Our 6th visit to Kosmitis, we really love it here the family that run the hotel are lovely so helpful, the hotel is spotlessly clean, views from the room superb, beds really comfortable, the pool is great and nicely located, we just love this hotel and always have a great holiday when we stay here we travelled a couple of weeks later this year and it was busier, but we still had a fantastic time and we will return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stayed at the Kosmitis in the second week of September and would recommended to friends, family and fellow readers alike.
After reading some reviews that weren't necessarily 100% positive we went with our gut instinct and were more than pleased with the hotel as it was exactly what we were looking for.
Located a short stroll from the village of Naoussa, 5-10 mins depending on how rushed you are. The hotel and pool overlooks the Anargryi Bay, which is beautiful and quiet with locals fishing boats bobbing up and down in the water.
You wouldn't necessarily plan to stay here for the beach, whilst it is clean and pleasant there are far better jewels on Paros well worth hiring a car or moped to seek out. This is a hotel for those looking for something quiet and a little removed from the faster paced village center to use as a base to see the island.
The hotel was super clean, both in the rooms and around the grounds. The rooms were spacious and had recently been refurbished to a contemporary standard with a great mattress. The pool was pleasant and refreshing after a days sun and the staff very friendly and more than happy to leave you to your own devices, whilst being attentive when required.
One great thing too is due to the light winds in Paros, like all the Greek islands, not only does it cool you during the day there are no mosquitoes and we were able to sleep with our door open and listen to the ocean each night which is rarely an option on the Mediterranean these days.
The Kosmitis is a great find for those looking for a quieter holiday away form the masses and we will definitely plan to return in the future, lets hope the sprawl of tourism does not extend from Naoussa around into this little untouched bay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Panov23
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

We are 4 four good friends that went to Greece on a holiday for a week. We stayed at Kosmitis for 2 nights. Initialily the booking was for 5 people but we changed it easily to 4 with the help of the staff. It was a non refundable room, but this was no problem for them to change it.
They were very helpful and friendly right from the beginning. The hotel is run by the family themselves which immediately makes it more appealing. They even welcomed us at the taxi upon our arrival.
The location is right on the beach (with its own little beach) and it is actually nice that it is not right in the centre of town because its quiet and relaxed.
I have already recommmended this hotel to people on the plane back and would continue to do so!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends