“Great view, but the food was mediocre”
Review of Siparos

Siparos
Ranked #6 of 102 Restaurants in Naoussa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Creative Greek Cuisine
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Cannot fault the service which was quite attentive. But the grilled octopus was over salted and overcooked. The house wine, which we had at most restaurants as it comes from a Naoussa winery, was old and starting to turn. Again, the waiter replaced when we mentioned, so they truly tried. But compared to our other experiences this was a disappointment

1  Thank Gerry S
paris k, Owner at Siparos, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your kind remarks concerning our service .But as anybody
would say the menu is what actually matters in a restaurant.So i agree
octopus is dry .But i will have to explain why. First we leave it in the sun
for a day in order to dry and be more tasteful, this procedure makes
the octopus thick.Aftewards when you order it we grill it in charcoal fire
so any liquid inside is gone and the only taste that remains is the pure sea one which
is salty elsewell. So we dont add salt but we could have asked you if you
wanted to taste our cooked one version which is served with greek pasta
and the salt is absorbed in the sauce.
Once again I apologise and i feel sad that you left the restaurant without having
a nice experience .I wish one day you give us the chance to make up for that.
Thank you for taking the time and write to us ,these comments help us impove and
and try to find a solution for being more attentive to our new customers.
Kind regards

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurant is located outside of Naoussa,on the beach offering a nice atmosphere with delicious dishes.Friendly service and helpful owners

paris k, Owner at Siparos, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Mr Matis,
Thank you for your kind words, your comment give us positive
energy now that we are in the process to open for the new summer
period.My team and I , are looking forward to welcome you again
and offering you a taste of our new dishes.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have spent a week in Naoussa last August and first tried to have dinner in Siparos when coming back from the beach one evening...Unfortunately on that day they had special event and no table available, but we really liked the look and the atmosphere, so came back the next evening. Well, after that we have been coming there for dinner every day of our remaining stay, as well as dropped in for a last minute lunch on the day when we have been leaving :)
What did we like about it so much? Everything! Food, service, ambience, sunset view! Even the music (softly playing on the background) was fitting the place and the experience so well...every time!
About the food: everything, absolutely every dish we have tried, was very good. From what I remember: tender honey covered cheese pies, fried calamari (unforgettable – think I have ordered those every day :)), orzo with seafood, fried liver with potatoes, very nice pasta dishes...and INCREDIBLE lemon pie!!! (again, think have had it every day:))
Service was impeccable: polite, professional, knowledgeable. Both staff and the owner were very warm and welcoming.
What I probably liked about this place the most is that it manages to be elegant, but at the same time not unapproachable, with relaxed warm atmosphere. The food is sophisticated, but also has this “home” taste in it, as if your grandma could cook some of the dishes :) For me, this combination worked as magic and I fell completely in love with the place!
If I visit Paros again, I know where I will be having my dinners:)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We walked from the Kalypso Hotel which was a bit of a hike but it left us with great appetites. The food was spectacular, the atmosphere was dream like and the service was top shelf. We rolled back to our hotel...

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Located a little bit outside of Naoussa if you have got a car you should not miss it.It is on the beach with a nice sunset.Great service and delicious food