“Greek!”

Xanthi, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greek!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We liked Meltemi very much first because of the greek cuisine.After having eaten so much fish greek food in the oven at Meltemi is a very good choice.The impressive is that you can eat there anything you wish! Do not miss is! The location is also very nice on the marina of Naoussa.Service is also very good with friendly staff

• Visited June 2012

• Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
“Typical greek!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

On the marina this restaurant is a simple one but offers an extrememy big variety of dishes. From fish till pizza in this restaurant you can have anything you need,but the best food is the traditional greek food in the oven!

Visited June 2012
Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice location”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Meltemi is a nice tavern located in the marina in Naoussa.Greek food is served but not only.You can have there a big variety of traditional dishes

Visited July 2012
London, UK
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Meltemi was the only restaurant in Naoussa that we visited twice during our week there. On our first visit, the food was very good, but on the second, it was just OK.
I particularly enjoyed the Aubergine Meltemi, a bake of aubergines, tomatoes and potato topped with cheese; however when I ordered it again on our second visit, it wasn't quite a good. My husband had the Seafood Pizza on our first visit and declared it the best seafood pizza he had ever had - it was generously topped with prawns, tuna, crab and cheese and was delicious.
On our second visit, we both had whole squid, one plain and one stuffed with feta and tomatoes. It was mediocre and I found the feta and tomato stuffing overbearing and thought it spoilt the freshness of the calamari.
Overall, not bad and if you fancy a pizza, do try the seafood one - you can't go wrong.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank AbiV
London, United Kingdom
“A relaxed informal and friendly taverna”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

There is a row of waterfront tavernas in Naoussa starting with the Mediterranee. I had just come off the ferry and dropped my bag off at the apartments. I was hot and tired (it's still crazy hot in October this year) but I had to eat, yet it was already 3pm. The other restaurants had just a few bored diners in them and there was no atmosphere. Then I rounded the corner and there was Meltemi. The owner's family were sitting outside chatting and laughing loudly and a couple of tourists looked contented while they ate (stuffed squid which they shared with gusto). Quite a contrast to the other restaurants. After I had sat down another couple came straight in, obviously they had been there before. The service was quick. The house retsina came in a small frosted bottle instead of the usual carafe. The fried zucchini were lovely and so was the tsatsiki and the bread properly fresh. Couldn't fault it. Saved the day for me.

• Visited October 2012