“Friendly, welcoming service and delicious food”
Review of Yemeni Taverna

Yemeni Taverna
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Naoussa
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We dined here twice during our stay in Naoussa, and the second time we were welcomed back like old friends! The food was delicious - loved the seafood pasta. As mentioned in a previous review, I'm not a fan of the unordered (but charged for) bread, but perhaps because it was the end of the summer season, Yemeni didn't charge for theirs, and it was fresh and tasty, with a nice dip.

As another reviewer mentioned, the owner sits behind a huge desk and I think his main role is to calculate the bills. Fortunately his table staff were definitely warmer and friendlier, because he looked a little grumpy. However his grandmother (I think, or perhaps his mother...?) makes a delicious syrupy cake which we were given a complimentary slice of on our first night - YUM! Both evenings finished with a complimentary liqueur each. My husband was given one which would take the lining off your throat, it was so harsh. I was given a different one, which was much sweeter and I enjoyed. At the time I didn't realise he had been given a different one, and wondered by his coughed and spluttered :)

Would highly recommend this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,887)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

A great meal which was pricier than a lot of the restaurants but it was worth the visit. Naoussa is so lucky to have such a diverse range if wonderful restaurants, one of which is Yemeni. Booking is advised as it is a very popular place.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

everything is just perfect, food wine location! a nice place to enjoy greek cuisine!
the owner is very kind.
don't miss it!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We arrive yesterday in Paros and we were very tired.we are looking for a nice place to have dinner.
Yemeni is a small restaurant in the small roads of naoussa.
The food is very nice. The prices I think normal a salad costs around 7 to 8euro and the main courses start from 8 euro -22euro
We take a salad with Apple and cheese of paros, grill feta with honey and 2 main courses. The best for me was chicken kayen which was fantastic.
We pay 40,50euro and in the end bring to us a vary nice sweat and something small to drink. All are handmade. The only problem for me was the potato pasta could me better and also the young man that take off our plates never smile.. Good choice

Reviewed October 24, 2013

After some disappointing experiences with mainland Greek restaurants, Yemeni was a welcome change. the owner and staff were attentive, made some great suggestions, and even did a shot with us. I had never found a Greek wine I liked, until took their recommendation. Thanks for a great time and great meal.