We had a 12 night stay in August 2013 at the Saint Andrea Resort Hotel and have to say that the hotel does live up to the expectations set out in previous reviews.
We were a party of four; two children, 2 adults and stayed in the very well appointed, spacious maisonettes.
Our travel by SeaJet from Mykonos was an arduous one with the departure time being delayed twice, however, at Pirikia Port we were met by the very friendly and welcoming Viktor. Once we arrived at the hotel Nikos warmly welcomed us and Viktor took us and all our luggage to the maisonette.
We had had a long day and were by now very hungry and took ourselves down to the pool bar where despite the time (10.30ish) were able to order food with no fuss at all. Our stresses and strains of the day were very quickly melting away.
We happily acknowledge all previous positives about the hotel; staff are exceptional, quality of furnishings in the rooms and hotel are top notch, very chic and sophisticated without being at all stuffy, quality of food great too.
Although we do have just two negative points that we feel need to be mentioned, one of which we were aware of before booking, but nevertheless feel it needs to be highlighted again -
1) Even though the hotel does face the sea, there is no beach to speak of very close, however Nikos is happy to volunteer the services of Viktor to and fro the Kolymbithres beach. But this Island is full of little gems of beaches and other lovely little villages so we would say that a car essential for your stay if you wish to explore further.
2) Our maisonette was towards the back of the hotel and whilst we had a glimpse of the sea we had a much clearer view of 'the Paros Orbital road'. As this is a small Island with most of the popular resorts hugging the coast and the fact we were in peak season, the noise of the traffic was very intrusive at times, more so in the evenings, especially later on. This meant that once our children had gone to bed we couldn't enjoy a drink or two on the balcony listening to sounds of sea, we had to take cover in our room which for us was a real downer. We strongly recommend that anyone who, like us, enjoys spending time on their balcony of an evening, request a room away from the busy road, even though these rooms may come at a premium it would certainly have made our stay much more enjoyable.
That said, it is a lovely hotel with exceptional staff on a lovely Island.
Naoussa, which is some 15 minute walk away or a Eur 6 cab fare is a very beautiful place to spend an evening with a great choice of restaurants to suit all budgets, very chic boutiques and no nasty souvenir shops to speak of. We are glad we have visited Paros it really is a glimpse of a real Greek holiday ( we like to think so!).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Saint Andrea Seaside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Andrea Seaside Hotel Naoussa
- Saint Andrea Seaside Resort Paros/Naoussa