“Always in my heart”
Review of Joseph Studios

Joseph Studios
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Naoussa
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I came with my friend to Paros and we did not organize a room in advance and saw Spiro with his sign waiting for his registered guests. We asked him and by chance there was a spare room - we never ever regretted it....it was the best time and place. It makes a difference where you are, and in this case we stayed in a family friendly place with hosts with a heart and not a single calculation on anything that could harm us...it really felt sad to leave because it felt so natural to stay there...in the places where we went afterwards in Naxos totally the contrast was the case...I will definitely come back, as I really love the island and Joseph´s is a good place to get started and see the island which is still so great!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 22, 2014

we have taken a backpack vacation on the cyclades. at the harbor we decided for Joseph studios and are very happy about it. Everyone was super nice and everything was very clean and decorated with a lot of love. to the city, it was only a short footpath. we would go back anytime. many thanks to Anna and Spyros and the other.....Kirsten

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kir70st19en
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Got off the ferry and got our rooms from a chap touting them at the ferry port - great rates.
Rooms comfortable - slightly cramped with the furniture in them but adequate for the amount of time you spend in them. AC, TV etc. all included as well as a lovely breakfast by the pool. All staff very friendly and helpful.
Location is great - 10 min walk into town. We hired push-bikes for the time we were there to get us to all the local beaches.
Highly recommended :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaynus
Reviewed June 9, 2014

After leaving island of Ios, we ferried over to Paros on the high speed ferry as the slower,cheaper ferry schedule changed due to bad weather the day before. So that cost us 70E for 2 instead of 20E. We had not booked our accommodation for Paros and were taking our chances once again. There were several rooms-for-rent vendors at the port. We were looking for a place in Naoussa instead of Parikia. Spiros , the manager, of Joseph's Studios approached us and his place sounded good so we went with him, under no obligation. Once we saw the property and room, # 23, we were very happy to stay there for 2 of our 3 nights on Paros.
Room 23 is a family sized unit on the pool level with 1 double bed and single bed with kitchenette in the main area plus a separate bedroom with another double bed and the only 1 TV. All the beds are quite firm, which seems to be a Greek standard. Adequate kitchen utensils and plates supplied. Even dish soap and towel , which has been lacking at other Greek places on this trip.
For the mornings a nice simple breakfast was included. Primarily cereal and several breads for toast, apricots, apples , juice, coffee and tea . No yoghurt nor hot food. But we could cook hot stuff for ourselves, which we did.
Probably the best thing of Joseph's Studios is the staff. From Spiros to both Anna's' at the desk to Addi , the housekeeper and Yanis, Spiros' brother. All of them are friendly, hard working and very helpful with great Greek hospitality.
For our third night , we stayed at Joseph's Apartment in Parikia, run by Yanis. This was a basic clean studio room , #3, with kitchenette. No pool here but 50 m walk to beach, As well very close to lots of restaurants and shops. Quiet sleep on firm bed. A/C and tv worked. Hot water for shower. The 1 major negative was very unreliable internet connection, anywhere on site. So we went to a cafe for internet use, once you buy something.
For exploring Paros, we recommend renting an ATV of at least 125cc. These are great for going on the narrow village streets, dirt roads, tiny parking spaces while zipping along 50-60 kmh along the major roads. We used ML rentals in Naoussa and cost 30E per day. The island is easily seen over 3 days. We hope to do more reviews of Paros island attractions that we saw.
Next and last island on this 4 week Greece island trip is Milos before we return to Athens to fly home in Vancouver, BC.

Room Tip: First level rooms are easy access to the pool and breakfast area. 2nd floor have a nice balcony. Roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubberducklover
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The fantastic time I had on Paros was not only due to the crystal clear blue waters and beautiful beaches that surround the island but also my wonderful stay at Joseph Studios.

The accommodation was bright, clean and impeccably maintained. I found that I had everything I needed in the studio I had i.e. small kitchenette that allowed me to cook if I wanted to and nothing was too much trouble if there was anything else I required personally. Most importantly I had the best nights sleep of my time in Greece as my bed was extremely comfortable and noticed it was relatively new.

Although I made my reservation last minute i.e. at midnight the night before I arrived, Spiros the owner was there waiting at the port to meet me at midday (Just make sure you provide the relevant information at the time of booking) His personable manner and welcoming nature left me feeling comfortable and taken care of straight away which I can only thank him for since I was a solo traveller and new to all that is Greek.

The pool area was great to sit and have the simple but adequate breakfast provided in the morning which amazingly was included in the price. It was also refreshing to be able to take a dip first thing or later in the day after having been at the beach. There is of course the opportunity to stay by the pool all day if that's how you're feeling and again Spiros is there unobtrusively to tend to your refreshment and nourishment needs from the bar and tasty kitchen he operates.

I rented a push bike for a few days and was advised where to go to get a competitive rate and from my own investigations this proved to be right. Plus I was shown how to get to the areas/ beaches I wanted to visit as Spiros took the time to explain everything.

I intend to go back next year for a longer stay as I explore more of Paros and other islands on the way so would highly recommend Joseph Studios to couples, families and of course solo travellers as I am sure they will experience the wonderful welcome I received!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John M
Stella T, Ιδιοκτήτης at Joseph Studios, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

.Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and the island, we hope you manage to time come to Greece again, Thanks for the photo .... SPIROS

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent 3 night in Joseph studios and really enjoyed our stay. I shared a room for 4 with some friends. we had our own bathroom and kitchen. The kitchen was well equipped so we could make breakfast and cook a little. The room was cleaned every day and new towels were provided.
Joseph Studios is well located. Less than 10 min walk to the centre of Naoussa so we are in a quiet neighborhood while being close enough to the center. The beach is 5 min away as well. There are supermarkets and bakeries close by if you want to buy some food. Otherwise you can take your meals at the hotel directly.
We also enjoyed the pool there. It's a little small but it's still nice to have a pool with this heat.
The owner of the hotel was very nice and very helpful with all our requests.
On the downside I would say it can get a bit noisy depending on who your neighbors happen to be. But overall it was a great stay and would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Vikatoria

Thanks for the description of our rooms, we will be glad to see you and the time you spend ... well, and have a wonderful winter .........

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Me and my sister stated at Joseph Studios for the second time in july 2013, and I highly recommend the hotel to anyone who is planning on traveling to Paros, Naoussa. It is places on a great location, both near the heart of Naoussa and near the ocean whit a great beach.

The hotel offer a great breakfast and a really nice swimming pool which feels very clean.

The staff are very helpful, friendly and eager to give you as a guest the best possible stay and experience. The rooms are great with AC and kitchen facilities, and are also very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emma L

Thank you again for coming and for your kind words, we hope to come back and our time .... good winter ..........