“What a great hotel!”

Marinero Hotel and Suites
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Naoussa
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Marinero hotel for two days 18-20 of July! First of all the hotel is placed 5 minutes walk from the centre of Naoussa! The guys at the reception ( Nikos and Irene) were so friendly and helpful! They gave us some great tips for places to eat and drink! The rooms were very nice and clean some of them with great view at the sea! The breakfast is ok compared to the price of the room. A slight issue with the wifi reception when we were in our room! Thumbs up guys! Definitely our hotel when we visit again beautiful Paros island!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank alxgr2

Reviewed June 12, 2014

“ To see for the first time, to hear, to touch for the first time a place, to walk through the hedgerows, to get lost delightfully in its roads and the narrow paths, to smell its most secret scent, to greet with slow moving look its houses and rocks and the human rodents that gnaw it – what a pleasure!”
If these lines written by Nikos Kazantzakis ideally describe the flooding emotions that emerge from encountering new places and meeting new people, then I cannot imagine of a more ideal destination for the beginning of such an adventure than the Marinero hotel, located near the center of the village of Naousa on the island of Paros.
The greatest guarantee for a delightful stay, apart from the exceptionally tasteful and functional facilities of the hotel, such as the beautifully -in a traditional way- decorated rooms, the peaceful corners around the pool and the amazing breakfast buffet, are for sure the warm people of Marinero, Nikos and Irini. With great passion and «μεράκι» ( a Greek word without exact translation, meaning doing something with love and all your heart) they literally take care of every single little detail, till the last touch on the “canvas” of hospitality, becoming thus the best ambassadors of “Xenios (hospitable) Zeus” on the island.
So, for all those who want to combine the stimulating suspense of discovering new destinations and experiences with the friendliest and of best quality supply of hotel services, I strongly recommend Marinero hotel, where I’ll come back as soon as I have the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill_Siat
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Personally, I am not a hotel type of guy as I am always on a budget and go for a hostel or camping instead. These 3 nights at hotel Marinero have been an exception but I do not regret at all giving myself this unusual luxury.
The place was clean and tidy, our double en-suit room was air-conditioned and equipped with a small fridge. We also had a nice little shadowy balcony where we could enjoy our coffee in the morning. The pool was just outside our door, within two steps I was in the water! At night, the nice surrounding lighting and few tables made the pool a quiet and comfy place to chill out.
The breakfast provided was very generous; a nice mixture of 'common' and traditional Greek tastes. We were gutted to oversleep on the last day and miss it.
Last but not least, a few words for the staff: The hotel manager is a polite and helpful lad and is always on stand-by. And that is not an overstatement as we, inevitably, lost our key in a club downtown and had to wake him up at 6 o clock in the morning. He let us in our room with no fuss and made arrangements for us in the morning to try and retrieve the lost key (which was actually found in the club). On another occasion, he also within minutes and while we were away, made arrangements to replace the toilet lamp we accidentally burnt, Finally, all the rest of the hotel staff we had to interact with were friendly and polite and the cleaners always waited for us to leave to the beach to get in our room.
In short, our fantastic overall experience from the 3 days in the lovely island of Paros were very much due to our accommodation. I would recommend Marinero to anyone who wants a relatively cheap, clean and quite place only half a mile away from the main bars and cafes of Naousa.
Antony

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A charming place with light & bright rooms, spotlessly clean, a nice selection at breakfast & a lovely garden. Its about halfway between the town & the beach (about 5 mins walk to either) on a quiet road. Its 2 mins walk to the local supermarket & nearest restaurant. The rooms have TV, AC, fridge & mine (room 29) had a little balcony with a view of the beach. I had a standard room which was fine for 1 person but might be a bit small for 2. There are also suites that would be more comfy for 2.
The couple managing the property were very helpful & nothing was too much trouble. I initially booked for 3 nights but liked the hotel & the village of Naoussa so much that I stayed for 2 more nights. I had come from the hustle & bustle of Santorini & much preferred the laid back charm of Naoussa. The village has gorgeous lane ways filled with cafes, restaurants & lovely boutiques nestled amongst the traditional homes. The waterfront area is very relaxed & quiet except for the gaggle of geese that wander through occasionally! There are lots of places to rent an ATV or scooter to explore the island & try out some quiet beaches. Paros is my top pick for a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PrincessKiwa
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After a fairly hectic 14 day bus tour of Turkey we decided to do the Greek Islands and selected Mykonos, Paros and Santorini.A fairly predictable choice and a path well worn.
All the islands were good in their own way and quite different.We were accommodated in very good 3 star hotels and apart from Mykonos very close to the town center.A scooter,quad bike or hire car is really a must in Mykonos
.Our favorite island was Paros which had a good balance of retail ,restaurants and village life.
We stayed at the Hotel Marinero and I can thoroughly recommend it.Irini was a wonderful hostess and couldn't do enough for my wife and I.The atmosphere was very relaxed and we had lovely breakfasts and a lazy and stress free time there.I found the other islands a bit too full on and really appreciated the stay in Naoussa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnand1
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here for two nights at the end of June 2012 with my husband & two friends. We were really impressed with the hotel & our private suites. Our rooms were on the ground floor they had there own ensuite, private courtyard we had a view of the beach, the rooms were very clean, had peaceful sleeps & was relaxing. I recommend anyone to stay here it's a breathe of fresh air to see the suites surrounded by white coloured walls with two huge palm trees by the pool with sun lounges, tables & chairs. Irini welcomed us she is so sweet & made our stay a pleasant one, Irini's partner taught us how to make traditional Greek coffee was a fun experience. Breakfast was great it's not just ham, cheese & bread, they also have fresh fruit, cereal, home made jams, fresh juice & different types of biscuits. Location is great the beach is down the road, winery around the corner, scooter hire close by & the naousa centre is a short walk. We would stay here again absolutely loved it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Island of Paros is one of my favourite locations for summer holidays and one of the most beautiful islands in the world, but if you add to that our stay in the Hotel Marinero, then you have the perfect combination for a fantastic holiday...The past years, during our visits in the Island of Paros, me and my fiancé, were chosing to invest more in the time we spent outside the hotel, thus ending to have many problems with our accomodation altogether...This year we chose to invest a little more time to find the perfect accomodation for us...We chose Marinero through Trip Advisor and other similar sites, because it looked small and cosy, and we were hoping that it is comparable to what it seemed and up to the standards...Well, I have to say frankly that it's just exquisite...The service was always on time, whenever we needed it, the room and bathroom was always clean (sheets changed almost every day!), the pool was excellently set in the middle of the hotel around the rooms, bit like a Mexican hacienta where you can chill out any time you like, the beach also was not afar so we had this alternative as well...Last but not least I have to say a big "Bravo" to the couple that is running the hotel, Nikos and Irene, which made our stay even more pleasant, and were there to meet our needs all day long...No complain whatsoever...I highly recommend to anyone visiting Naousa Paros to experience their stay in Marinero...Me and my fiancé will surely do again! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple