“Wonderful food.”

Buntes Haus
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Seiffen
Cuisines: German
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The venison is amazing! It was by far the best dinner on the trip. We had 2 styles of venison and I thought it was the best venison I have ever tried. Mine was so tender and the compote was awesome. It was served with pureed chestnuts and they were delicious. Our wait staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed the meal.

1  Thank beargoad

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food in this restaurant rivals any food I have had anywhere in the world. Imaginative, hot, well prepared. Yes, it is "country food," but it is well prepared and innovative. I could not ask for more in a restaurant.

The service is outstanding! I am so sick of going to restaurants in the US where they tell you to keep your fork or knife or stack plates on your table or some other classless activity and then expect a big tip. This restaurant has trained their people in great service and it shows. The staff that waits on me has been here for many years. One waiter told me he has been there 11 years.

While most speak little English, we manage to communicate well and the owners make sure English speaking customers have an English menu. Very reasonable prices and sometimes too much food! I had to leave some on my plate tonight and it killed me!!! Pictures of my 4 courses, included with my hotel price, are below.

The best deal is to stay at the hotel for 6 or 7 days and then the meals are part of the price of the hotel. I am embarrassed to say how little I pay, so I won't. Check out their website for their amazing deals for longer visits. Suffice it to say, I could stay here 6 weeks for what I have paid in other places for one week.I must admit, I do come here in off season and the tourist season is more expensive, but.... even at high season is is a great value!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner here and our meal was very good. It was very convenient, as we were staying at the Hotel Erbgericht Buntes Haus and arrived in Seiffen fairly late in the day. Service was also great and our waiter spoke perfect English which was a pleasant surprise; I speak above average German (Hoch Deutsch) and had a harder time than usual with Seiffen being a small eastern town.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were staying at the Buntes Haus and chose to have dinner there.

We both had a venison steak along with spaetzle and Brussels sprouts. It was superb. We manage to find room for a great apfel strudel for dessert.

Service was perfect - a young lady who spoke excellent German - rare in Seiffen - and a quiet older gentleman. The place was very busy - it must have been canine night - there were three dogs sitting at their masters' feet....

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had the package deal with 3 course dinner included each night. Each meal ws always very different and inventive. Didn't care for the Ox Cheek (spices were very odd), but all else was terrific.