Hotel Weinhaus Fuhrmann(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
Book now, pay at stay
$256
$93
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Ellenzer Goldbaumchen(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
$79
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Villa Hausmann Ferienweingut(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
  • Restaurant
Gastehaus zum Moseltal(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
Weingut Clemens(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
Alte Weinschaenke(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
Zur Alten Weinkelter(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
Pension Basten(Ellenz-Poltersdorf)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspargelthis family run hotelmosel riverbalconyhostbedswinesroadvineyards
Reviewed May 8, 2017

We have been coming here for years. The location is not far from Cochem and across the river from Beilstein. During the day, cars on the road and boats on the river can be heard but at night, all is quiet.

We get a 2nd floor room with two beds and a nice balcony. The room is always spotless and the sleep quality of the bed is very good. The morning breakfast is ample and diverse.

At night, we often find ourselves back here for dinner. During the spring, Spargel Season, we order the spargel and then add a Weinerschnitzel or a Rumpsteak with onions or even a zanderfilet (Pike-Perch). Besides the spargel, we prefer the Hollandaise but clarified butter is also an option. Boiled potatoes are usual but frites (french fries) are also an option. For dessert we like the is (ice cream) with the local peaches.

Additionally as a starter, we have enjoyed the Pfifferlinge (a type of mushroom) salad. Very tasty.

The owners are also cook and staff and they do a great job. Friendly and very hospitable. We just can't say enough good things about this place and try to come here at least once per year for a long weekend.

Much of the wine served here comes from a family member whose facility is across the road behind the hotel. Nice and nicely priced. It pairs well with the food offerings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony if available
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Large comfortable room on third floor overlooking Mosel. Road can be noisy with windows open but quiet at night. Breakfast is good and we tried an evening meal which was fabulous! Husband and wife team who are very friendly and clearly both are very accomplished chefs. Try the relaxing wine tasting experience behind the hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2015 via mobile

Room with balcony is nice, good bed, good choice of meals and breakfast, good location, good room price for what you get, friendly team, they have a large selection of their own wines.. no negative comments to give!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dominique H
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We really loved our time at this wonderful relaxed hotel. The beds and rooms were excellent and the food also very good. I never expected to have spatburgunder this good in the Mosel. The hotel position is first class for touring, walking and the river.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have a better view of the river. The hotel does have a lift!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank philblambert
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed on this family run hotel on our long weekend vacation. Cochem was overbooked for that summer weekend so this hotel was one of the few options left. It is in a small village about 12 km far from Cochem. So it is quite remote to the wining and dining options of Cochem.
I left the hotel with lots of disappointments. When we arrived the hotel, we noticed that the sofa bed was not made ready for our little boy (I had mentioned it on the booking form). I had booked a comfort double with a sofa bed. As I read from the child policy of the hotel, children under 6 years old can stay free using the existing beds. In my opinion, since there is no extra bed requested, our 4 years old child should have stayed free. We asked the owner to put sheet and pillows for the sofa bed. Then started an argument! The wife of the owner told us they could do it for 25 Euro including the breakfast for the whole stay. However, we ended up paying 40 euro extra for extra sheet as opposed to lady`s word. Because we were charged 30 for sheets, 10 for breakfast for a little child. I did not want to argue with the owner once again for the extra over invoice. I did not want to ruin my weekend holiday for 40 euro but in my opinion this is a greedy attitude of the hotel. If we did not ask for extra sheet, we would not have paid extra for breakfast. I did not use the restaurant, I did not want them earn more money from me. The people in leisure industry should know that a satisfied customer worth more. And of course, none of the business has a luxury to underestimate the power of social media.

I travel a lot on a business of leisure reasons. This is generally the case with the unprofessional family hotels. That`s why I always prefer big hotel chains. There are set rules and the management is more responsive to the client`s recommendations and requests.

As a result, the negative points of this hotel is management and location. The room is sold with a view of Mosel River but there is no view but only trees and hill (from 1 st floor, room no 15). Wifi was not free (maybe it is free but i avoided the contact with the owner).
The positive point of the hotel is cleanliness of the room. I always check floors, tiles, sheets and I found it nearly spotless. The room is exactly the same as seen on professional pictures.
The breakfast is OK, a few choices of cheese and ham.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family