“Great Base”
Review of Hotel Hansa

Hotel Hansa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Herford
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed 4 nights here on a B&B basis. This is a small hotel situated in the centre of Herford, which makes it a very convenient base for exploring the surrounding area. Breakfast is provided in the coffee shop that is part of the hotel, and is the usual choice of continental fayre - cold meats, cheeses, breads etc. with a selection of eggs/bacon cooked to order. The owner, Heinrik, is a friendly and helpful character and really does go all out to make your stay as good as possible.(speaks fluent english) The room we stayed in was spacious,comfortable and functional. Decor and carpets looked a bit tired and could definitely do with freshening up, but the room and facilities were very clean and well serviced.
Car parking is provided in an adjoining multi-storey facility which proved excellent, and fees are included in the room rate. Overall, a great value- for- money venue for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hansa

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Situated within the pedestrianised area of Herford town, the hotel is ideally situated for short walks to any one of the many varied restaurants to be found in and around the centre or the numerous side streets.
The hotel itself is run very efficiently. I had a double room and found it to be well appointed with a comfortable bed, good sized wardrobe and bathroom. The room was very clean, and serviced every day of my stay.
Free WiFi was one of the key criterion for me in my search for a hotel on this trip, and I was not disappointed - the signal was strong and consistent. Free car parking in the adjacent multi-story car park was an added bonus.
Breakfast was an excellent range of Continental-style meats and cheeses, or there were various fresh juices, cereals and yoghurts. Or as an alternative (or indeed, as well as), eggs (scrambled, fried etc) with bacon if so desired. Rounded off with an excellent coffee - the day was admirably set up for taking on!
All of this, and very reasonably priced, made for a hassle-free stay that I can recommend to anyone looking to stay in Herford.

Room Tip: I was given a room on the 5th floor as I had requested a quiet room. It was, overall, very quiet, b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We recently had a few days off and decided to stay at the Hansa Hotel.
We chose a city hotel so we could wander out in the evenings and for a better choice of restaurants etc.nearby.
Our arrival was on a Bank Holiday and the hotel rang us to say we needed to give them an arrival time so somebody could meet us or arrive after 7pm when there would be somebody available. On arrival there was nobody there so we rang the bell but nobody turned up. Fortunately some gusests were leaving so we could enter the lobby and found our keycard on the reception desk.
The room we had was a comfort room and was big and spacious with a large bed, a little seating area and a flat screen tv. Everything was spottless but a bit austere but this seems to be a German thing. There were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room and no mini bar. Storage space was adequate with a double wardrobe and a suitcase rack.
The beds were too soft for us resulting in backaches in the morning
The view from our room was into the backyard of the hotel with further vieuws of the multi storey car park next door where gustes could leave their car.
The bathroom in comparison with the room was a disappointment. It was small, dated and had no bath but just a shower but again was very clean.
Breakfast was taken in the coffeeshop attached to the hotel and reached via eiother the lift or a glass partition door from the reception. There was no a great deal of choice and no variation but everything you could or would want to eat was there. Eggs were cooked, scrambled or fried to order by the very friendly staff.
Overall a bit of a disappointment as a getaway break. Had I been on business it would have been a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

i spend a night there on a business trip to herford. the hotel is a family run hotel. the owner is a younger, very friendly person. the staff is very friendly and the service totally ok. rooms are in a good shape, quiet and worth the price. i especially enjoyed a very good breakfast and good espresso even a few minutes after breakfast times. not far from the station and also a footwalk away from the wellknown marta herford art center.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed here for one night on business in Herford. Unfortunately my plane was delayed so I only arrived shortly before midnight, however this was no problem as my key was left for me in reception.

Even though the reception and ground floor of the hotel was in the process of renovation during my stay to obviously give the place a much classier feel I was not inconvenienced at all.

My room was what I would expect from a German hotel - airy, tidy and very clean.

This hotel would make an ideal place to stay if you're conducting business in or around Herford. I will return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TheBounder
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Just stayed here and couldn't wait to leave a review because I loved it so much and wanted to recommend it to others.

The hospitality is amazing - Henrik Kromker was most friendly and helpful and his English is very good which comes in handy if you speak little/no German. We had bed and breakfast and the breakfast is delicious. There are cereals, cold meats, cheeses, fruit, salad, bread, scrambled egg, boiled eggs, bacon and fruit juices. We stayed over Easter and had chocolate bunnies on our tables too :) The value for money with this hotel is just amazing.

The rooms have everything you need and are very spacious - there is an iron and full-size board you can borrow from reception if needed too.

The location of the hotel is excellent - as they state it is right in the heart of Herford. You do need to be aware of these directions though as it is somewhat difficult to find. We got our directions from google maps and they took us to KlosterstraBe which is a street which leads to BruderstraBe - the street which the hotel is located on (which by the way is a main street in the town so I wouldn't advise driving down it). Continue on KlosterstraBe and turn right at the end on to Martinsgang - towards the multi-storey car park on your right which is where you can park (the Altstadt car park). Once parked go down to level 1 and you will exit on to a small shopping alley (theres a big department store straight in front of the car park exit called Klingenthal), turn right here (so Klingenthal is on your left) and walk through the alley towards BruderstraBe and the entrance to the hotel is on your right in the alley - clearly signposted. There's a buzzer to ring for the hotel and then they'll let you in. Once you're checked in your key card activates the main door so you don't need to ring the buzzer everytime.

The hotel has a lift. Also you get access to the free wi-fi.

Parking in the multistorey gives you a ticket which the hotel validates. If you leave the car park and return (meaning you would get another ticket) your new ticket will also be validated - this is the case throughout your stay at the hotel as far as I am aware.

I really cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, I would definitely stay there again. I couldn't fault anything about it. Hope this review helps :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlimcbean
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Friendy, clean and comfortable hotel in the centre of Herford., wih all ameniies wthin comfortble walking distance. Excellent service and breakfst. Room a good size wit spotless bathrom. I inadvertantly left my glasses behind in my room and they were promptly returned to me in the UK . Would highy recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herford
Hotel C Stille-Falkendiek
#15 of 23 in Bad Salzuflen
Hotel Pension Villa Holstein
Hotel Pension Villa Holstein
#16 of 23 in Bad Salzuflen

Been to Hotel Hansa? Share your experiences!