“Excellent Service, excellent food.”
Review of Hotel Am Medemufer

and 1 more site!
Hotel Am Medemufer
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Otterndorf
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Excellent Service, excellent food.”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

For many years me and my family are visiting these excellent hotel in Otterndorf. It was extended in the last years but without loosing the touch to the customer. Prices are ok, compared with the service (I am very seldom saying this). But it is, of course, mainly a holiday hotel. However, if I have the chance, I spend my weekend there and travel 300km on Fridays to get there. I am always spoiled with warm welcome, nice rooms, tasty dinner and breakfast. The food is excellent value for money. Solid meals full of taste and reasonable priced (but still down to earth - leave the tie at home). I was always happy when I arrived and had super weekends. My plan is to spend some days with my wife there again in September/October. They offer nice wellness packages: check the excellent website and dream! Unfortunately often fully booked...

Room Tip: I stayed in Single/Double Standard rooms most of the time when traveled alone. But also had booked f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Germany
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Never before have we been so motivated into writing any kind of review but an evening at the hotel's restaurant, Leuchtfeuer, did it!
The menu itself was not extensive but offered various fish and meat, including game; a game ragout and pork with mushrooms in a cream sauce being two of the options. That the game was more sinew and fat than it was meat was more than disappointing. That the pork, whilst served with mushrooms, was covered in exactly the same "sauce" as the game ragout left us speachless.
Moreover, the service was abysmal. Despite my companion speaking fluent German, the staff was incapable of providing any drinks orders as requested. Indeed, they were more concerned with spending long periods casually chatting with those who were apparently local or regular customers than paying attention to others. Actually getting served was a test of patience, concluded each time by my companion having to request their presence, not least by getting up to speak to them.
Simply the consideration that the location was peaceful and the rooms were clean (and we would be checking out the next day) meant that we stayed... but we will certainly not be patroning the Leuchtfeuer again.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank akaLegs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otterndorf
Hotel Strandperle
#26 of 32 in Cuxhaven
Hotel Muschelgrund
Hotel Muschelgrund
#6 of 32 in Cuxhaven

Been to Hotel Am Medemufer? Share your experiences!