Lowest prices for your stay
$151
$110
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Trip.com$151
All reviews irish pub stayed one night great hotel per day hotel is located room was spacious exhibition centre zentrum internet garage eur
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This was the first time I had stayed in a H4 Hotel and I must say the first impression as I walked through the doors was wow. Our coach party arrived in the evening so we got the full effect of a vast sparkling lobby with a large piano and smart reception desk.

Over the next few days as I became acquainted with the hotel my opinion went largely unchanged. A well organised hotel with modern facilities and a high class finish. The bedroom was large and spotlessly clean. Plenty of wardrobe space, a mini bar, a safe and a very comfy king size bed. Most importantly the room had air conditioning. The bathroom was well designed with a very large walk in shower. I usually have trouble with slipping in showers but no such trouble here.

The breakfast in the morning was great. The buffet offering was huge, something for everyone whether it be fruit, cheese, bread, cake, cereals or bacon and eggs. One of the only issues I had were the options available in the evening buffet meal. Being on a coach tour where the cost of the meal is included I do not expect to receive the choice that individual travellers receive when they eat from a menu, because let’s face it they are paying more money than I am, but I would have really appreciated a 2nd meat dish option to choose from. The quality of the food for me was not an issue and the food ordered from bar from their menu looked really good.

The bar itself was a lovely subtly decorated Irish themed bar, thankfully not the sort tacky offering you get in a tourist hotspot, but more laid back traditional pub you no longer find back home. Prices were reasonable, but again I thought the variety of offering was lacking and should have had a couple more beer options.

The service generally was pretty good, the restaurant staff were friendly and always happy to help, although there was one lady in the bar who took it as an imposition to serve customers.

Although very handy for the exhibition complexes nearby, the hotel is located quite far outside the main city centre which is not ideal for the casual tourist. There are however shops near the hotel itself. The hotel has a good swimming pool, a fully equipped gym and a very handy mini shop at reception where you purchase confectionary and such like.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay in the hotel; it is certainly one of the best I have been in. It is run very well and I think the manager and staff should be very proud. In honesty I would probably give it a 4.5 rating, a 5 if the dinner issue was remedied. I would definitely go back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SotonRanger
H-Hotels_AG, Leiter Gästebetreuung at H4 Hotel Hannover Messe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Mr. Ranger,
Thank you for the great review and lovely words about your stay in our hotel in Hannover!We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Well as the title suggests that really was the best thing about this hotel. The room was nice, the same as a premier inn, unfortunately the fridge was not restocked in the 3 days we were there, my wife ate the chocolate the first day & was upset she could not find any more .
There was only one breakfast tea and three creams to make a drink, when my wife asked at the reception she was told “ I will put it on my list “ I think the list must have got lost!
In the restaurant the menu was limited & the staff did not seem very happy to serve us, the glasses & cutlery that were not being used were left on our table leaving little room for what we added to the table, none of the tables were cleared of the dirty glasses etc. after other people left before we even got there.
The bar only had two people that seemed to know what they were serving (but not always there) as far as a glass of white wine was concerned, the dark skinned guy & and older woman were very good. Put the dirty towels on the floor they said if you want it changed, well I could have taken it home and back again quicker,
Will I go back NO !!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank michaelcO5394DH
H-Hotels_AG, Leiter Gästebetreuung at H4 Hotel Hannover Messe, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. Please let us know the next time, if something is wrong - please contact us! We are 24 hours for our guests in order to meet or resolve any wishes or deficiencies immediately.
Your feedback is very helpful to help you and our future guests to have an unforgettable stay.
If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Stayed as part of a Leger tour of Germany. Lovely hotel with nice rooms. Air conditioning, Fridge, Free Safe, Tea & Coffee facilities.
Toiletries & complimentary water supplied upon arrival but after that during our 4 night stay it became a bit hit and miss due to the erratic housekeeping service. On our last night following a full day trip we found that we hadn't been left any water, Toiletries or tea bags and our mugs had been removed! On phoning reception we were rather abruptly told that housekeeping had now gone home so we couldn't have any. In fact we never received any toiletries other than the first night.
The erratic service continued into the restaurant. Our first night Dinner was ok as was breakfast the following morning. After that it got steadily worse. On our last night not much on offer at the buffet and breakfast on our last morning had a limited choice.
Also they charge more for drinks supplied in the restaurant than they do in the bar, so buy your drinks in the bar before going into the restaurant.
The bar was the one good point of the hotel. A large Irish themed bar, a beer garden, plenty of choice of drinks and served by an excellent barman. (Mahmood Abdi, hope thats the correct spelling) He clearly loves his job it was a pleasure to be served by him.
There is an indoor swimming pool but we didn't use it.
Would stay here again but housekeeping and restaurant service needs to improve.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidayfan55
H-Hotels_AG, Leiter Gästebetreuung at H4 Hotel Hannover Messe, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.Nevertheless, we are very sorry that we could not completely inspire you.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to convince you of our H4 Hotel

Reviewed July 21, 2018

An excellent hotel with large rooms, tea and coffee making facilities in the room and air conditioning! The breakfast and evening meal was excellent too. The most comfortable bed I have slept in whilst staying in a hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank W R
H-Hotels_AG, Leiter Gästebetreuung at H4 Hotel Hannover Messe, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear Wendy,

Reviewed June 30, 2018

This is a clean and mainly comfortable hotel situated about 5 miles out of the city. It can be accessed by public transport though. We arrived to a 'prom' reception in the main reception area of the hotel, so as we were part of a coach party, check-in was chaotic, and we had to fight our way through to the lifts to access our rooms. The rooms were good though with one or two exceptions. Every time one approached the wardrobe, lights came on. Some people might find that helpful, but it was irritating in the extreme! Staff were mostly friendly, although one or two weren't sure how to smile, particularly when serving drinks. The receptionist was friendly, but her English wasn't good, and my German wasn't quite up to articulating my main complaint: the room admin. We arrived back from one excursion to find the TV screen welcoming Herr Schulz - who?! Why?! And on the last night, I was woken just after midnight by the whole room lighting up because the TV had come on again to welcome Herr somebody-or-other beginning with 'T'. It was not conducive to a good night's sleep.
The food was good overall, especially the breakfast, but staff were very slow to replace items that were running out - or already had - and had to be asked several times. Evening meals were buffet style which were mostly ok, although we were late back from an excursion on one occasion, and although the hotel had been informed, it felt as though we were being punished, because the choices that evening were very poor.
Would I return? Probably not if I were travelling independently.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz L
H-Hotels_AG, Leiter Gästebetreuung at H4 Hotel Hannover Messe, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear Liz,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel in Hannover! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.Nevertheless, we are very sorry that we could not completely inspire you.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to convince you of our H4 Hotel