“Always a smile kind of hotel”

Best Western Plus iO Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Schwalbach
Zurich, Switzerland
“Always a smile kind of hotel”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have stayed here a few times, changing from another company *preferred" hotel in the area because it was full. I now prefer the IO Hotel because of the (admitted basic) room decor which is functional but mainly because of the excellent customer service. There is always a smile to accompany answering a question or taking an order.

The hotel is only a few years old so rooms and bathrooms are up to date, modern and functional. Everything works and hotel appears to be both well managed and well maintained. The minor issues I have had have been addressed fast and with a smile.

I have usually been satisfied with the sleep quality, but during my last stay I woke up with a soar back, so not sure if it was just me or something has change. Will see in a few weeks when going back there.

I have not found any rooms to be better than others. Some are a bit of a walk from the lift but not excessively so and on the positive side, those rooms have no late noise from the cooridores.

I can recommend the IO Hotel if you are going to the Eschborn Süd area for business - it is a nice walk over to the commercial area, except if it is raining a lot (some taxi drivers do not appreciate the short ride and will complain - I just ignore them).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I spend here about 20-30 nights in the year. The staff is really friendly. I had a problem with my wifi connection. I guess the access point was broken. This was no problem. They checked if there is another room free and I moved within 20 min to a new room and had no problems anymore with the wifi.
The breakfast is excellent. Fresh fruits, different kind of eggs (eggy sunny side up, scramble eggs, omelette).
The beds are all kingsize, ok all I had during my stays, and very comfortably. The rooms are clean and cozy

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Embrach, Switzerland
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The location is nice because you are only 5 walking minutes away from Eschborn Business Park and because the hotel is located next to the fields and meadows, ideal for running in the evening. The staff is exceptionally professional and friendly. Visit the bartender Marcel: he knows everything about German soccer and the Bundesliga. Everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mumbai
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel is at peaceful place outside Frankfurt but in business area of Eschborn. People like driver might get confused if you show booking voucher to them of this hotel as if they don't know this hotel is part of Schwalbach. Thrice during our tour from Frankfurt city to this hotel, taxi drivers got confused when we showed them this hotel address for travel. Some even refused to carry us may be because they thought they don't know this place. However, each time I used to tell them to take us at Eschborn Best Western hotel and they will end up taking us at right place. Even in the night when we are reaching hotel first time from airport, we almost felt scared by the way drivers were driving mercedes in corners where I almost felt that he will hit it and yelled at him. Nice people at reception and inside the restaurant. They stop giving breakfast after 10 a.m. even if food items are available for eating and if someone is visiting after this deadline. It is good. I saw some people from my country visiting after this deadline and forcing chef to let them have breakfast forcefully. But I was amazed how coolly they ignored those obnoxious people and their yelling on them as if nothing was going on without making fuzz out of it. Definitely I felt sorry for myself and my country people to see and doing actions like that due to cultural differences. It was season of fall and it was last days of fall that we were staying in hotel. I could see from my hotel window trees with full yellow leaves to without any leaf left within 20th October to 25th October period. We loved their breakfast with variety of breads available and good range of choices of cheese available along with the food they served in the morning in breakfast and dinner. Rooms are spacious and they don't have any closets except an open wooden one. Rooms have provision for only to blow hot air so we used to keep window open to make it cool. However, really hot nights can put you in trouble at this place. A nice chauffeur and car hire facility is available just next to the hotel. Nearest train station Eschborn Sud is nearby by without map there are chances that you will get lost. Also you will find nearby at walkable distance mall for purchasing food items and home furnishing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have already been many times in this hotel and I can it for sure recommend. Service quality is good, breakfast are delicious and alse there are many free parking lots in front of the hotel. Sometimes only internet connection does not work as expected.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FruhMi
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel is very nice, clean, with fast wireless internet, nice and helpful staff, great restaurant. Only one minus point - during my 2 nights stay the restaurant was closed on the second evening, Friday, which was very uncomfortable, because the hotel is a bit out of town and there are only fast food chains, where people could eat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here yesterday and it was a very modern and easy to use hotel, full of business people for the nearby Eschborn office complex - i could even walk to my office in just 10 minutes which I liked. Bathrooms were very well equipped - nice big showers but could have had more power in the water and only other thing was a very limited vegetarian menu - one more veggie option would be nice...(that would make it excellent) - but i slept well which is the main thing. and it has a good gym.

Room Tip: Any facing the front of the hotel