“Really bad hotel........”

Albatros Airport Hotel
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The good about the hotel is that it's only 15 mins from the air port and the staff are very nice and friendly... You get free internet connection but it doesn't work from the room you need to be either in the lobby or resturant... We asked for it to be fixed so they call the engineer who Evers shows up.... The rooms are reek of smoke, maybe I didn't ask for a non smoking but for sure no one ever used an air freshener!!!!!! I cannot say that it was dirty but the smell was annoying..... There is one Resturant next to the hotel that serves decent food but that's it.... Nothing interesting at all..... I wanted a chocolate and had to walk for a good 15-20 mins to get to the nearest gas station..... The elevator looks really dirty and old and kind of scary..... The breakfast is decent but nothing special..... There is a shuttle bus to the airport but not free!!!!!!! And for the price I paid (around 130 euro) for sure there is something better, or at least similar place but half the price.... Let's put it this was if you will pay 50-60 euros and you will only stay for 10-12 hours it's bearable more than that search for an alternative!!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

I am really sorry that you are not satisfied with your stay and I deeply apologize for all the inconveniences.
As to the internet connection: Since we were having continuous troubles with the old provider we made a contract with a new company. All technical problems have been fixed and now you can be sure to get internet connection right from your room.
I understand that apparently being a nonsmoker you did not feel well in a room that smelled of smoke. I just wish you would have told us immediately, we would have been happy to find a solution that suited your needs.
Shopping centre and gas station are just about 200 m from the hotel. So if you want to buy anything for your personal needs it's just a walk of less than 5 minutes.
Room prices during Frankfurt Fair periods are usually 200-300 Euro in other hotels. Obviously you stayed with us during a Fair that's why the room rate was more than the usual 50-60 Euro.
Whenever you encounter anything you don't like in our hotel: Please talk to me. I'll be happy to help you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you get stuck in Frankfurt overnight like we did. Receptionist was very nice and helpful as were both of the shuttle drivers. We were in a triple room that has decent sized and clean. Window by the bathroom lacked a room darkening shade so not great if you plan to sleep in. Shuttle cost 5euro/pp and internet is 1hour free or 3euros daily. Internet was slow. Breakfast was included in the cost of the room and was decent buffet including meats, cheeses, eggs, cereal and breads ect. Would definitely stay here again on a short overnight. We were booked in by information desk at the airport which also set up the shuttle for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your nice comment. We are very happy that you liked your stay in our hotel. Fortuntaley the internet connetction has now improved and technical problems have been fixed. The shuttle is usually 5 Euro per person during operating hours. We would liek to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here because it was the closest hotel to the airport, which would meet my company's room rate requirements.
The Positives:
1. The woman at the front desk was GREAT: Super friendly, Efficient, Could communicate in English and German.
2. Both shuttle drivers I had were safe, friendly, and transported me without any issues.
3. The sheets were clean, and I could find no evidence of bed bugs.

The Negatives:
1. No internal lock on the door. No peephole on the door. The room keys all have the room number on them. It would be easy for someone to steal a key and break into your room.
2. I was in a room on the top floor, which means the bed was under the sloped ceiling. (You can see pictures of this room on their website.) The curtains wouldn't close all the way, and sort of end up making a "tent" over the bed. It made me feel claustrophobic.
3. I had to lock the window shut before I went to sleep because there was access via the roof to this window from other rooms. Scary.
4. The carpet was pretty gross. The kind of carpet that you didn't want to walk on in bare feet. I wore my shoes the entire time I was there
5. the shower curtain was moldy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment. I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. I understand that you are not accustomed to European accomodation and houses so some details may seem strange to you. What a pity that you did not ask immediately for advice and help from our staff. We would have been happy to explain and find a solution.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I choose this hotel as we were stopping in Frankfurt for 2 days before taking a long flight to the US.
The hotel is located 15 minutes from the airport & offer a shuttle service at a good rate. €5 each return.
Was also a short taxi ride into Frankfurt (around €30 a trip)
Rooms were clean with daily room made service.
Staff friendly & helpful.
We arrived early & were able to check in. (Some large hotels don't allow that)
They offer breakfast but if you go in late & after a coach party don't expect much choice.
There is a restaurant next door, but food was dreadful. I suggest eating in town & just drinking in the restaurant.
If you are in visit on a Sunday & Monday, it's worth noting that all shops are closed Sunday & most museums are closed Mondays.
I can recommend getting the hop on off bus.
There are loads of good places to eat & drink.

• Stayed: July 2013
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you very much for leaving your kind comments. Welcome to Germany, shops are closed on sundays throughout the country. ;-)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I turned up late after a flight from UK - it's in a strange run-down semi-industrial area
The staff were real friendly.
When i reached my room I was amused by the furnishings which were straight from the 1980's - veneer wardrobe, a couple of chairs etc -made me grin....
The place was clean and that's important.
No air-con (at £100 a night??) so I had the window wide open but it was still warm, though it's pretty quiet at the back so i slept ok
Breakfast was a wide selection and again good
I guess i would stay again on a trip like this -even though the TV didn't work good!

Room Tip: try to get a room at the back as the main road will be busy early as there are a lot of truckers aro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for leaving a nice comment. We were happy to serve you. :-) As to the furniture, there is a German saying: One cannot comment on taste ... ;-)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My friend and baby and I stayed here overnight before catching connecting flight from Frankfort Airport. From the airport collection and drop-off (for only €5 per person as opposed to €15 which many other hotels offer) to the speedy check-in and helpful staff to the very nice breakfast we really enjoyed our stay at Albatros. Of course if you're looking for 4/5 star this is not the place for you but if you want a nice stay for an overnight close enough to the airport for a fantastic reasonable price with breakfast included then you should definitely consider this place. It does exactly what it says on the tin and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I am very happy that everything was fine. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed overnight between transferring planes at the Frankfurt Airport. I did appreciate the pickup at the airport, but was a bit disappointed that the driver didn't speak any English. When I arrived at the hotel, I was put in a room that was not yet cleaned. Waited about 15 minutes while the front desk figured out what to do and was eventually put into another room. The room was adequate. The hotel itself appears very old and could use some updating. I agree with other reviewers that it is overpriced. I stayed in much nicer hotels in Frankfurt and other parts of Europe during my trip that charged the same or less. I was disappointed to find that the internet was not free, as advertised. The The breakfast was good ... that was the best thing it had going for it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I am very sorry for any invonvenience. I do hope that you will enjoy your next stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morfelden-Walldorf
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Hotel Global
Hotel Global
#4 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Ai...
#1 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Hotel Walldorf
Hotel Walldorf
#8 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Been to Albatros Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!