“We love staying here!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Windelsbach
Chicago, IL
“We love staying here!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We spent three nights at Gasthof Linden in August 2011, though I had visited three times previously and my wife has been staying there since she was a child. When we decided to visit Germany, it was not even a question that we would be spending some nights here as our base for visiting Rothenburg O.D.T. This stay was just as enjoyable as the others.

We were given a room on the second floor of the guesthouse- although I've always stayed on the second floor on my previous visits, I had never stayed in this room. It was straight through the door at the top of the stairs. This meant it was a little noisy from passing foot traffic, but it wasn't bad. The room itself seemed much smaller than the others I had stayed in previously, but had the same charm and quality as the others. The room, bathroom, and furniture was all clean and well kept. Our room's balcony looked out over a peaceful yard.

The breakfast in the morning is the typical German breakfast heavy on meats, cheeses, and breads. Fresh coffee is provided and a very nice breakfast attendent makes sure you have everything you need. The main building contains a restaurant and is a great place to stop in for dinner or a drink in the evening.

The hotel is a quick car ride to Rothenburg and is much, much less than comparable hotels within Rothenburg. All in all, this is a calm, quiet, and charming hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank arsenalgooner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Just got back from staying at this cute little inn for 2 nights and I'm already ready to go back! The village of Linden is only 7 km away from Rothenburg odT so location is great! The village itself is very quiet and beautiful. The rooms were clean, the showers wonderful and the breakfast was very satisfying. Couldn't have asked for nicer staff! All were very friendly and accomodating. They had no problem with my dog staying with me and there was a nice path along a field just behind the inn for me to walk her on. The only thing I feel I should warn you about is the bathrooms. I don't know if it was just my rooms or if all of the bathroom doors were glass with some frosted parts but were basically see through. This wasn't a problem for me this time but if I had been traveling with a friend it would have been uncomfortable. If you are sleeping on the bottom floor, you may here glasses clinking in the morning as people start their breakfasts. Again, this wasn't a problem for me since I wanted to be awake and out exploring the beautiful area each day. I felt everything was wonderful and wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank xxnomeatxx
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed at the Gasthof Linden and enjoyed the serenity and beauty of the area. The rooms were very comfortable and had all we needed for a good nights sleep! Our rooms was on the main floor, which I need. It's sometimes hard to find pensions with rooms on the main floor. The breakfast was the typical Bavarian breakfast with hard rolls, meats, cheese, coffee, cold cereal, etc. It was yummy and got us off to a good start for our day. The owners do have a restaurant also for meals later in the day. I was very happy there and would stay again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tootiebug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windelsbach
Hotel Schwarzes Ross
#2 of 3 in Windelsbach
Hotel Burg Colmberg
Hotel Burg Colmberg
#1 of 1 in Colmberg

Been to Gasthof Linden & Wildkraeuterhotel? Share your experiences!