I have spent 4 days in Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg hotel for a business trip. The hotel is moderately accessible by walking from 2 train stations in Starnberg (about 700 m from both of them) and at the same distance from Lake Starnberg. The room has been very good and elegant, clean and comfortable. The mini-bar prices were rather on the expensive side and the coffee machine in the room was not working, but those were minor things, since there is a supermarket just few blocks away.
At checking out they first tried to bill me some hundred extra bucks for someone else bill in the bar, but after telling them I haven't used the bar, they corrected the bill.
We also used the restaurant breakfast and lunch and the food has been great; not only delicious, but also very nicely decorated.
All in all, I found it a good hotel for business, but I would not recommend it for family trips, especially for those with yound chidren, due to three incovenients:
- rather on the expensive side
- bathroom not very child friendly (for example the sink very high)
- cleaning lady and the guy checking the mini-bar coming often and quite early in the room to check various things
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent & perfect meeting - the modern and only four star superior hotel in the region is located at the gates of Munich, only a five minutes' walk from Lake Starnberg. The First Class, privately owned and managed Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg offers 126 stylishly decorated superior rooms and suites. Various services are already included in the room rate, such as breakfast buffet with live-cooking station, minibar and Nespressomachine(R) in the room, individually adjustable air conditioning, WiFi highspeed Internet access in the entire hotel and the use of the wellness and fitness area on the 5th floor overlooking Starnberg. Unique in the area is the convention space with 400 sqm size. All rooms are equipped with individually adjustable air conditioning, wheelchair accessible and individually combinable for conferences for up to 256 persons. Four exclusive conference suites are located on the 5th floor overlooking Starnberg. Particularly emphasized by the conference- and business travelers is the creative cuisine with extraordinary food creations at the Gourmetrestaurant Aubergine as well as the classic solid dishes with selected ingredients at the a la carte Restaurant Oliv's. Very popular is the Hemingway Bar in English ambience with 65 various sorts of rum from 37 different countries. Every Wednesday till Saturday atmospheric piano live music entertains from 9 pm. If you are looking for an athletic balance or a special teambuilding activity after a stressful meeting you can choose from various possibilities. Whether a Rumflight or a Cocktail tasting at the Hemingway Bar, Prosecco sailing(R) at Lake Starnberg or a tabtour(R) Challenge through the enchanting Starnberg Five-Lake Region - the options are countless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, MyHotelShop and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vier Jahreszeiten Hotel Starnberg