“Don't be put off by the unprepossessing entryway!”
Review of Bei Rosario

Bei Rosario
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Starnberg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Honolulu
“Don't be put off by the unprepossessing entryway!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We walked by Bei Rosario a couple of times, thinking it looked small and not very prosperous. But we took a chance based on the reviews and tried it. And liked it so much we went back a second time!

Both nights my husband and I shared an antipasto, which was vegetarian, interesting, and delicious. First time I've had celery in an Italian restaurant. We both had the Veal Limone and it was the best I've ever eaten. Really tender, cooked just right, and the lemon slices were cooked with it and not just laid on top. So if the veal was that good, I decided to have the Saltimbacca the second night and it was equally good. My husband asked for spaghetti with his choice of toppings -- not on the menu -- and he declared this delicious. Wines were excellent, as were the ice creams. And the bread was basically pizza crust and great!

The owner is completely in charge, makes sure that everything goes smoothly, and is very proud of his restaurant. Told us his credo is to make sure he has good coffee, good wines, and good olive oil. Mr. Rosario is very much Italian and so is his staff. If we lived in Starnberg, we would be visiting weekly.

By the way, the restaurant is much bigger than it looks on the outside because the front of the building is let to a different shop. It's really quite good-sized inside.

• Visited September 2013