All reviewschristmas marketstar hotelsalzburgsummercars
Reviewed August 10, 2017

We stayed one night as part of our 10 day Inn River cycling tour.

The hotel is quite modern and fairly close to the centre of town. Despite this, it was one of the worst places we stayed at. We had to wait several hours to get access to a room. When we did get into a room, the size was very small, and not very clean - the bathroom and toilet were in a poor state of cleanliness.

The next day breakfast was also pretty dull. One to avoid I think.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with TRYP Hotels
Oliver H, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Although located at the edge of the old town and a few steps away from the Congress Center, the location alone doesn't warrant this being a 4-star hotel. The rooms are tiny (for € 92/night) and bloody warm during the Summer. The room was warmer inside than outside (it was 29°C outside when I arrived). The hotel provided a ventilator, but that doesn't really work getting the temperature down enough to sleep. Aside for it being a small room, it's a bit outdated, and the carpet and furniture are showing signs of wear & tear. Many rooms face the street and there is a sort of gambling club next door, so some friends who got the rooms at the front of the hotel really had it bad. The hotel is understaffed, although the staff is professional and courteous, it's clear that this is not the priority of the hotel. For a one night stay-over when you're out the whole day and just need a bed and a bathroom, it's ok, no more, no less. A pity because there is enough potential for a really good hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard (or rather, the roof of the shopping center next door, with grass and some flowers and shrubs).
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

We were coming to a convention in Rosenheim and looked at the hotels in the area... we decided to book the TRYP because of its fabulous location to the convention center and based upon the description of newly updated...
When we arrived the lobby was unspectacular. When we got to the room... it was small. My wife and I felt like we were tripping over each other. There is NO air conditioner so we had a small table fan with a cord not long enough to put in front of the window and it was HOT. We thankful had a room facing the garden (thus were able to sleep with our window completely open all night.) We had some friends that tried to sleep with their windows open facing the street and they were up all night as there were cars racing, yelling and loud music on the street.
They say that they have updated the hotel (I'm guessing lobby and furniture only.) but we found electrical outlets that wiggled and didn't work. The bathrooms had chips or badly painted surfaces. The shower head was falling apart and really old.
They say they are business friendly and I could say maybe... there was a desk... no updated plugs for USB cables and the you had to constantly re-login to the internet every time the phone or computer went to sleep. (I have not experienced that in 15 years.) and that was with a pass code. We tried our registered name and room number and same effect. On the last day when we were checking out it didn't even work so we went back to the passcode login.
The one elevator they have is so slow I could walk up and down the stairs before the elevator even got there.
We parked our car in the garage under the hotel which if you have a big car is a very tight fit as they have a metal bar running down the middle of the driveway and it is a turn the whole way down.

My Recommendation is: if you are a single person staying it is an ok place. If you are going to a convention at the convention center... it is ok and location is super only a short three minute walk. All others I'll wish you good luck!
I will add they pet friendly which I would say is the 2nd best highlight of the hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Very friendly service and good breakfast, but hot rooms without cooling. Open Window and noisy street was not good experience. Not coming back again before air condination.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business