“To expensive for what we got” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim

TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Rosenheim
Nuremberg, Germany
“To expensive for what we got”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We booked a "business double" for a private weekend and we got a quiet, large room with view to the alps.The room´s furniture were in the typical style of a business hotel.
The breakfast room was nice (Wintergarten), but together with our online-booking I asked for glutenfree bread, which I didn´t get. I should have asked for it the afternoon before, I was advised. They also couldn´t book it for the next days, I should have asked for it every afternoon for the next morning - but then we were on tour and I forgot to order my bread via phone, e-mail or sms. I know it´s a very special need, but it´s possible to deal with this kind of problem in a big hotel like this (formerly Best Western Grand City Hotel), especially when smaller family-run hotels do so perfectly. I paid the full price for the breakfast, but bought parts of it myself.
In the room we had to find out how to switch the lights so that we were able to switch them on and off in the way we needed it: it was actually a little bit of fun.
The hotel´s location ist optimal: close to the centre and not so far from the station (about 10 min walk).
I hope, that we don´t have to stay there again, because we visit Rosenheim several times a year. It´s an impersonal business hotel, it´s mostly clean (please look after the bedside-lamps) and you find an (not so clean) i-Pod docking station in your business-room.
I would have rated it with "good/ok" (not "very good"), but tripadvisor only gives the choices between "very good" and "average" - that´s why this hotel is rated by me as "average". The price was to high, but we didn´t want to stay in a mini-room, so we had to pay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rainer P, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure that we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are sorry that the glutenfree bread was not ordered on time, normally all received guest information we try to process properly to your satisfaction. I must apologize for my team.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and it is good value for money.
The breakfast is good and the service here is excellent. The rooms are well cleaned and the beds are generally good, but be aware of the fact that there is normally a plastic cover surrounding the madrass, gets very warm in the summer. The rooms situated towards the street is a bit noicy in the mornings, but you should get up anyway. Rosenheim is a very charming city and its walking distance to almost everything from the hotel. There is a garage under the hotel if you need to park your car, however quite tight to get in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the backside if you need more silence.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikael_Wahlen
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at our property.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future to provide you with a another superior experience.

East Lothian, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were very warmly welcomed and the reception staff did everything they could to help us find local restaurants etc.

The room was small but comfortable. The bed was very sleep friendly. The shower room was compact but well designed. However, it was really quite dirty. Around every fitting or light, there was a thin layer of dirt. Not awful but surprising given the fairly high standards evident elsewhere in the hotel.

Breakfast was pretty good. Plenty of choice and included in our room rate.

Overall, a good hotel for a short stay but needs a bit more attention to some of the detail.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rainer P, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your stay at our property.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed there for one night on our way to the Alps. We have been to this hotel before and since then it has been refurbished. This has improved the reception area and facilities. Room was ok but on the small side. We opted to have breakfast at a local bakery which was better value compared to the hotel prices. Ok for an overnighter and due to its location is convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your stay at our property.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the refurbishment, facilities and our convienient location.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. We hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is quite good. Clean and quite modern. The rooms are small but adequate but very hot. This seems to be the general concensus of all visitors and the staff must know as all the windows of the rooms were open when we first arrived. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to install air conditioning but its certainly the biggest downside of the hotel.

Breakfast was good. Pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

If you go on an organised trip, I suggest you do the trips. Rosenheim is pretty quiet with not a lot to do. But it does make a good base for places like Munich, Salzburg and Neuschwanstein as it's sort of a crosspoint of them all. Our tour guide on the Newmarket trip was Sabine. Absolutely lovely lady, very friendly and helpful. Was always willing to help when she could.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Andrew

Thank you for completing the survey regarding you stay at our property.

Sorry that the rooms during your summertrip have been to warm.

As you already mentioned, Rosenheim is as base location perfect to plan your travel to all the famous sightseeing attractions since you can reach them all in short time.

Sincerely

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The reason I chose this hotel was the location, but I couldn't walk around the town much as all shops close at 18:00 and all people disappear from the street. Back in the hotel I had two channels only to watch on TV- everything else is in German. I have no idea if this is a trend in Germany, but it would be decent to have at least a movie channel in a hotel, when all films are dubbed in national television. Internet was free only in the reception area.
Room and bath were big and clean enough for my expectations- single user. The wood floors on the hallway make it a little bit noisy in the night.
Good breakfast - loved the bread and coffee, missed the fresh vegetables.
Next time I will try something else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rainer P, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. As for your information, most shops surounding the hotel are open until 7:00p.m., also the Hotel WiFi is complete free of charge in the entire hotel (also in the guest rooms). We are sorry if this was not communicated to you.

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Now I am american so I am used to air condtioning, so it was a shock to find none. The windows only tip out a bit at the top so not much air gets in so the rooms were HOT. I had to ask for fans from the front desk. Plus the rooms that face the street are loud with the windows open. The rooms are very small and the bathroom silly small! My husband could barely fit in the shower. That is the negitive. The breakfast was great, and service was also good. It is in walking distance to the city center. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street side if you want to open the window
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rainer P, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosenheim
San Gabriele
#6 of 12 in Rosenheim
Hotel St Georg
Hotel St Georg
#5 of 5 in Bad Aibling

Been to TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim? Share your experiences!