“OK but they have a lot to learn”
Review of Gasthof Ochsenwirt

Gasthof Ochsenwirt
Ranked #1 of 9 Oberaudorf B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Wurzburg, Germany
“OK but they have a lot to learn”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We booked de-luxe rooms which had unusual mattresses which we found too soft. However the room was OK and the food was good BUT the service was not very good.

WLAN: One of the reasons we booked the hotel was the free W-LAN everywhere. Our daughters had to study and we had to keep in touch. Our rooms were in an annexe and the W-LAN never worked. We were directed to a computer in a work place in the annexe but the W-LAN didn’t work there either.

Sauna – A time was agreed to suit the hotel later than I wanted but OK. I waited and turned up at the right time but they had forgotten to switch it on.

Table booking – We reserved 4 hours in advance for 19:00 – 19:30 but they had reserved for 18:00 and then gave the table away as we did not turn up until 19:15. (The sauna was reserved for 18:00 – not the table.) They didn’t ring the room to ask. We were squeezed onto a table not big enough for 4.

We asked for tap water – the waitress actually said “We are not allowed to serve tap water as it might not be clean and may have something in it…..” In Tirol? Unbelievable lies! If the water is not clean then I should not be allowed to brush my teeth in it. If I told the water authorities this, they would have something to say.

Bag storage: I left luggage at the hotel 10 days beforehand in a room. The reception told me which room. When I collected the luggage I was scolded for leaving the luggage in the wrong place. Was this my fault?

Most annoying of all is that staff have clearly been taught to apologise and say “I am sorry”, “I am very sorry” etc., but actually do nothing to change the situation.
- They never got someone to look at the W-LAN.
- They never proposed another time for the Sauna.
Apologies with no action are just empty words.

Room Tip: Book rooms in the main house if you want W-LAN.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank H5657

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Nice room with balcony overlooking car park & town, with nice view to hills & trees to right. Great food, although choosing from menu in German was a challenge that the friendly waitress tried her best to help with! Choosing sandwich fillings for packed lunch was easier, as one of the chefs spoke good English.
Hearty breakfast set me up for a good hike up Bruntstein (1600 m), from Rosenheim (1200 m), on the. Sunday before a Trade Fair in Munich. Convenient , 1 h drive back for a Monday morning meeting.

• Liked — Convenience & food
  • Disliked — Some staff not very friendly
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Duke1954
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberaudorf
Hotel Feuriger Tatzlwurm
Gasthof Falkenstein Metzgerei Schwaiger
Flair Hotel Bayerischer Hof
Flair Hotel Bayerischer Hof
#5 of 7 in Oberaudorf

Been to Gasthof Ochsenwirt? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gasthof Ochsenwirt

Property: Gasthof Ochsenwirt
Address: Carl-Hagen-Str. 14, 83080 Oberaudorf, Bavaria, Germany
Location: Germany > Bavaria > Upper Bavaria > Oberaudorf
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 9 B&Bs / Inns in Oberaudorf
Hotel Class:3 star — Gasthof Ochsenwirt 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Gasthof Ochsenwirt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.