“Comfy small hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gunzenhausen
Gasthof-Hotel zur Post
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gunzenhausen
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfy small hotel”
Reviewed November 17, 2007

Stayed here twice on Dec 06 and May 07 during the course of my work and I must say this is a small hotel. Then again, Gunzenhausen is really a small town which I guess not many people will drop by. The hotel is about 10 mins walk from train station.

The hotel is 3 storey high and it does not have any elevators so you can imagine on both occasions, I have to "drag" ny luggage up 3 level and coincidentally on both occasions, I was assigned the same room. Nice comfy room that is clean with small attached bathroom. The bed is a single bed with good mattress but very very very soft pillow which despite having 2 of them, I did not get proper sleep on first few nights.On my first stay (almost 14 nights), it took me a while to get used to the pillow and the really small shower area (cannot imagine Westerners trying to fit in). On the whole the staff are all very friendly. The breakfast is nothing spectacular having to eat the same thing for 14 days!!!! Comparing the spread to when we are used to in Asia, the spread is what I would consider as pathetic but then this is Gunzenhausen, which is not really a tourist spot.

On my second stay (4 nights), sort of got used to the small hotel but again have problems getting sleep on first 2 nights because of the pillow despite being in the same room again! The food serve in it restaurant is quite good though and having stayed there for so many nights, tried out almost all the dishes there!!!

The other disadvantage is that there is not internet access in the hotel and the nearest internet cafe is near train station which cost about 3.50 Euro per hour.

Anyway I was there for work so just have to bear with the stay there.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business