“It promises but doesn't deliver”
Review of Hotel Strohofer

Hotel Strohofer
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Geiselwind
Ottawa, Canada
“It promises but doesn't deliver”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

In April 2012, I rented a car in Frankfurt with Sixt (the best deal then) and drove through Germany, Austria, Slovakia (Bratislava only) Slovenia and Croatia for 25 days. I stayed in 20 hotels and spent an average of 72 Can/US dollars per night, which is way cheaper than the prices in Canada and USA. Based on this experience, I will rate those 20 hotels.

NINETEENTH REVIEW: Hotel Strohofer, Geiselwind, Germany

Of all the twenty hotels I stayed in during this trip, this was the most disappointing. The hotel is located directly on the highway, facing a gas station, near a casino, leaving me with the impression that it is one of those stops for truck drivers, noisy and weird. If there was a sauna and a swimming pool, as their website says, I wasn't told about. There was no free internet, not even in the lobby, as most hotels have. I tried McDonald's nearby, but you could only have internet if you had a German phone number, which is not my case. I really need to go online and talk to my family, as I travel alone, and want them to know I'm OK. I had to buy a card, and I had to decide if I wanted one hour for 5 euros, or 10 hours for 20 euros. You don't do much with one hour, so I went with the 10 hour offer. Back to my room, I couldn't access the internet with the card, I tried all combinations possible. I went back to the reception, and two people tried to make the card work, without success. So I said I wanted a refund, they said that wasn't possible because I had scratched the card - a card that seemed that was not working! Finally, some smart girl came along and figured out how to enter the card, there was some mysterious trick that had to be performed, I still don't know what it was. Anyway, now I had internet, but it was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. The staff was sort of unpleasant, too, not like most people that I met during this trip. In the end, hotel and internet cost me 67 euros, which I think it was more than I'd pay for a place like that. Next time, I'll try some other place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geiselwind
Hotel Stern
#3 of 4 in Schlusselfeld
Flair-Hotel Zum Benediktiner
Flair-Hotel Zum Benediktiner
#1 of 2 in Schwarzach am Main

Been to Hotel Strohofer? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Strohofer

Property: Hotel Strohofer
Address: Scheinfelder Str. 21, 96160 Geiselwind, Bavaria, Germany
Location: Germany > Bavaria > Franconia > Lower Franconia > Geiselwind
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Geiselwind
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Strohofer 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Strohofer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.