“Very pleasant lunch”

Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Lourmarin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Lourmarin, one of the loveliest villages in France, an old 18th century oil mill has been converted into a charming hotel full of character. The 19 rooms are decorated in minimalist Provencal style with precious materials: raw wood, wrought iron and hand-crafted earthenware. Beside the fire, in the guests' lounge, on the terraces or patio, in spring, summer or any other season, the Moulin de Lourmarin is the ideal place to enjoy the tranquility of time that passes so serenely in Provence. The vaulted dining room with its rustic flagstones calls to mind the authentic, agricultural past of the Luberon.
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Decided to take lunch here after spending a morning browsing the weekly market, one of our favourites. Very pleasant efficient service both when booking and during lunch. Lovely quiet courtyard. We took 2 courses from the menu du marché. Starters were excellent as were the amuse bouche. Fish and duck mains were also very good.
Will return soon....

Date of visit: June 2018
OliviaLebaillif, Directeur général at Le Moulin, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Duncan M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community.
We're delighted to read you've spent a nice time at Le Moulin and we'll be glad to see you again soon.

Best regards, La Direction

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We had lunch in the garden, very nice food and service. Would come back and do recommend . Watch out for those very large black bees even waitresses were concerned .

Date of visit: May 2018
OliviaLebaillif, Directeur général at Le Moulin, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear mtr1945,

Thank you very much for your visit and the time you took writing this comment afterwards.
Thank you also for your recommendation.

It'd be a pleasure to welcome you again another time.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Despite spending a lot of time in the village, I had only eaten lunch here - and a long time ago. So it was a delightful surprise to enjoy a lovely business dinner in the dining room. The food was quite simple, but good. The staff were lovely and helpful

Date of visit: May 2018
OliviaLebaillif, Propriétaire at Le Moulin, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Russreviews101,

We sincerely thank you for this comment and for the time you took writing it.
It'd be a pleasure to welcome you again another time.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

The ambience of the restaurant was good. However, the food was very sub standard.

I was with two guests. We each ordered the Menu du Marche. We received an amuse bouche which was good (7/10). We then had mushroom risotto, which was quite good (6/10). My guests did not have a dessert, just coffee, but I had a cafe gourmand which was extremely good (9/10).

However, the problem was the main course. One guest had tuna which wasn’t fantastic, but was OK (5/10).

My other guest and I ordered turkey. This was very poor (1/10), in fact it was virtually inedible. I had a leg, my friend had a breast. It was accompanied by gratin dauphinoise, which was good. The problem was a combination of poor cooking and/or poor meat.

I was virtually unable to cut any meat off the leg bone. After a lot of work, I probably managed to eat about 1sq cm, of turkey meat. My friend did slightly better... she probably managed to eat about 2sq cm of meat!

When the waiter arrived to remove the plates, we explained the problem (my friend speaks good French). The waiter said that it was because the turkey was slow cooked. I told him that I was unable to cut the meat off the bone. He smiled and removed the plates.

We were ordering wine by the glass, and the waitress offered us a free glass of wine. I’m not sure if this was because of the problem or not. I had one glass, my guests did not.

At the end of the meal, the head waiter brought us the bill (138€) and asked us if everything had been OK. I told him that it had not been good, and that the main course was very poor, and we explained why. He said that it was because the turkey was cooked very slowly!

He asked if we had mentioned the problem at the time. We said that yes, we had explained the problem in detail to the waiter who removed our plates. However, astonishingly, he didn’t go and talk to the waiter (who was standing about 10 metres away), he simply brought me the credit card machine!

As I was with guests, I didn’t want to have a big argument in the middle of the restaurant. I may be English, and I may not be able to make a perfect jus, however, I know that if I am unable to cut turkey meat off the bone, something is wrong!!!

I am very familiar with Provencal food. The reason for my visit is following a recommendation from a friend. But our lunch was very disappointing. Yes, apart from the main course, everything was OK, however, in a two course lunch, the main course is the centre piece... the only reason I ordered a cafe gourmand was because I was still hungry!

Date of visit: December 2017
OliviaLebaillif, Directeur général at Le Moulin, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear Sir,

As we've already told you in our email, we're very sorry we haven't been able to entirely please you during your lunch.
We're very glad to read you've enjoyed the other courses, particularly your dessert.

We hope you'll give us another chance as we had been recommanded by one of your friends.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

The terrasse is the perfect venue (in spring & summer) to fully enjoy a superb market lunch. All foods were cooked to perfection and are locally sourced. Service is perfect, non-obtrusive, English fluent, very professional

Date of visit: July 2017
OliviaLebaillif, Directeur général at Le Moulin, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Dear laurentHK,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this comment after your visit.
We're very glad to read you've enjoyed your time spent at our Table, and we'd be very glad to welcome you again another time.