“Beautiful meal! ”
Review of MatCha

MatCha
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Cucuron
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

I booked a reservation last week for my birthday and couldn't be more happier with the food and service provided. Both my boyfriend and I are from London and know little French so we were very surprised when the owners were able to translate for us. Very friendly. Thank you very much.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I loved it so much my first day, I came back for a second and third day. Not surprisingly, it's gorgeous on a quiet side street off the main square. Food is amazing. Bruschetta the first day. Best ricotta ravioli ever the second day and fried zucchini the third day. Don't miss this!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 15, 2018

This husband and wife culinary team at MatCha delivered some of the best
cuisine I discovered during my week long trip through Provence. A must if visiting Cucuron! Thanks to Bibi and Guy for taking me to MatCha!

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Love this village and MatCha looked like an interesting alternative to the obvious, and the Michelin *ed. Impossible to book by phone and when we turned up at 19.30 (opening time) to ask if we could eat, we were greeted with an incredulous stare by the pretentious staff sitting at the outside tables- "Avez vous reservés une table?" Shruggg! "Sommes complet". In other words, "F-off loser" - they may well be doing great things food-wise; we'll never know now; as for customer service and good manners, they have a whole lot to learn. You guys deserve to lose out to the lovely tapas people down the road.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

We are not impressed by meals where the presentation is more important than the food--and MatCha is not like that. Simple, beautifully prepared and seasoned, fresh, healthy too. We stopped for lunch while in the beautiful village of Cucuron, and were so happy we did. Much better than dinners for the twice the price in Aix (if I see another "filets de rouget avec sa quelque chose"--enough already! There are other fish in the sea...) . Simple salad of chickpeas, carrot, melon, followed by a risotto with grilled vegetables and a lovely hazelnut cake with poached apricots and Greek yogurt. Nice small wine list. That was the formule du midi--the carte looked very good, but we chose the simple option. Highly recommended.