“Cool Hotel....but at Company's Budget”

Appart'City Toulouse Colomiers
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Colomiers
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went to this hotel twice in 2012. I am writing the review quite late(sorry for that).This hotel was quite close to our Company so we often used to stay here. The hotel staff is a little strict and rude but you have to be used to it. This is quite a budget hotel and the nice part is that these are actually studio Apartments with Kitchen and utencils to cook.But the space is quite big for 2 persons.Check with all the Inventory they provide before checking in the room otherwise they may charge you with it, as they cross check at the end of your stay. Location is OK as communicating with Airport. A nice average hotel with pleasant stay to say at last.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room to have a view of swimming pool. Please do not take Room no 1(as it just behin...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Direction_Department, Directeur général at Appart'City Toulouse Colomiers, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding our aparthotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stays even though our residence did not give you complete satisfaction.
The suggestions of our guests are very important to us as they constantly help us improve our services. Please know that we have made some changes in our welcoming process since last year and we now make sure our guests get a warm welcome. As you point out, we do inventories only for long stays, that is why we ask our guests to check all the equipment and amenities upon arrival in the apartment so we can make the necessary replacements if anything is missing.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon in one of Park&Suites aparthotels.

Best regards,
The Management

There are newer reviews for Appart'City Toulouse Colomiers

Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you need space and would like to cater your on food, then the place is ok. The staff was very helpful. Parking space are available. Thats the positive side.
The place is located close, at least in theory, to some kind of mall but you need a car to stay here. Everything seems far away.
The standar is rustic to be positive.

Room Tip: Look for another place
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I'm currently staying at this hotel on a business trip but due to move out ASAP. I'm not going to repeat what others have said but previous reviews are accurate. Flies squashed on walls, dirty rooms and rude useless staff.

I turned up on a Sunday night with my room key locked away in a Safe to which I had the code.... the incorrect code! I had to make several calls to a French number from my UK mobile in order to be given the correct code. The girl on the phone explained to me that the Safe code had changed a few days prior. Good start!

The apartment is missing a huge amount of the inventory, which I reported to staff in the first week of my stay. I'm now into week three and there has been no attempt to even start to complete the inventory. However this is a small problem compared to the pigeon droppings that cover my balcony. The pigeons continue to be a nuisance by flying into a hole in the roof in which they have set up a nest, so there is continual noise above me from the birds scratching away in the roof. In addition to this, there's a problem with the toilet. It's causing the apartment to stink throughout of sewage. In fact, the apartment could do with a good clean in general, the place is filthy (cobwebs and dust everywhere, dirty floors etc).

To top off my stay, today I was summoned by email to Reception in order to pay my room bill. I attended, then waited for 20 minutes while the manager dealt with a customer. Straight after he finished with the customer he looked at me, then proceeded to make a phone call which kept me waiting another 5 minutes! He was antagonistic with me and said he shouldn't have to chase me to pay my hotel bill. I told him I paid my bill last week! It then transpires his staff had charged me incorrectly and I told him as far as I was aware payment was up to date, so his staff are at fault. He told me the staff are only human and people make mistakes - the "customer is always right" ethos never made it to France.... An argument then ensued as I complained about the state of his hotel, the items lacking from the inventory, the broken roof/pigeons etc and I said I wasn't happy to pay for a room that is a dump. We argued for about 30 MINUTES. He lay the blame squarely at my feet because "I hadn't complained directly to him" - nigh on impossible seeing as the Manager is always at home and never physically present at the hotel, and Reception itself closes for most of the daytime period. The fact I had told his staff previously of some of the problems was not good enough for him, as he just denied any knowledge and claimed his staff "hadn't said anything to him about it."

There is only one plus point about staying at this hotel - it has nice gardens and looks pleasant from the outside, inside is a different story. Beware appearances can be deceiving! Avoid!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JamesGarnon
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We've stayed here for 3 weeks so far due to my husband's business trip. First, the good stuff. Gardens are lovely, pool area is nice, decent gym too (though all of that is unusable at the mo as the place is packed to the rafters every day with tourists and hundreds of kids).

BUT, the apartments themselves are very tired and dirty. Considering this place is only 2 years old my God the rooms have had a hard life! The apartment stinks & is filthy. The kitchen is WRECKED. The worktop has been cut to ribbons where people have been using it as one large chopping board - completely slashed and covered in ring marks from hot pans. Loads of basic things are missing from the room inventory; cups, teaspoons, chopping board (ah that explains the slashed worktop). The only thing keeping us here for this long is the convenience of going out of the apartment door and straight into the gardens to take the dog out, and the proximity of decent shops in walking distance. Also the duplex apartment is of a good size & has excellent storage (but this is only relevant for long stays like us).

Now for the two deal-breakers. The apartment stinks! I mean, really stinks. It's like raw sewage mixed with boiled cabbage. The toilet also smells like people have been peeing on the floor for years! The smell permeates the bedroom and it feels like we are sleeping in a public toilet! The smell literally makes me gag. My husband's colleagues are also staying in P&S Village and they also complained about the smell of their rooms. Secondly, the noise here is horrendous. The constant diggers/bulldozers on the land right opposite the rooms is now driving us crazy! The JCBs start up at 4am dead of night and continue all day long, so don't expect any sleep. Ever. The roof outside our room is broken meaning a flock of pigeons have set up home in there, and the noise they make is also horrendous. Management have no intention of repairing anything here, inside or outside the apartments.

So to summarise, nice gardens & pool but rubbish accommodation. Okay for a few days, but anything longer than that go elsewhere - we are doing just that next week.

Room Tip: Tips? Bring nose pegs. Oh and ear plugs....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MrsG220810
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here just one night with family so we could catch early flight. Hotel looks inviting enough, but the firsRowell we were given was really dirty and was missing sheets on the beds. We spoke to reception who said they would call the manager ( who was "at home" despite it being 4 in the afternoon) . We had to chase this up as they didn't come back to us. Then manager claimed they had no spare rooms. The receptionist said that no housekeeping was available to clean, but she could find us some sheets!
We damanded to speak to the manager direct and were told he would be at the hotel at 10 the next morning - not helpful at all. We said we needed to phone him and - hey presto - another room was found for us. It was cleaner, though not perfect, but for one night it was okay.
The rooms are well equipt with fridge, microwave and hob, but are in need of a thorough deep clean - no one wants to see so many squashed mosquitoes ( and worse things) on the walls.
Other than that- hotel well situated for airport ( get instructions on how to open security gates as the reception has very limited hours and we struggled to get out at 8am) , nice pool (very deepthroughout so no good for non-swimming kids) and pleasant gardens. If only so much attention was given to cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a wedding close by.
Hotel is a little bland, but better than a Travelodge.
We had difficulty getting into the hotel late at night - our French wasn't good enough to follow instructions from the night porter! We should have asked the receptionist, who spoke quite good English, how we could get back into the hotel after hours, but didn't think of it at the time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2012

It's a true shame to call the staff of this hotel as French nationals. I found everyone i contacted in France to be helpful and pleasent but the people whom u expect to be helpful and respecting turns out to be bunch of arrogant, big mouth and disrespectful low graders. From the day i checked in my AC wasnt working and they didnt change the room. Then they provided me with a paltry heater which they took out of my room next day while i was away without informing me. Upon complaining the staff told me that heater might draw more power than i am suppossed to be provided. So the hotel wants to provide me a room in freezing temperature whithout even providing heating as it might overdraw power.
In another incident, the reception manger indicted me of giving false information.It was a fault of his junior staff who didnt provide him with information i promptly gave to them. First time i have seen reception calling the guest as liars and stand about it.
In my opinion, i think the staff is only good to French people and rude to other nationalities.

Room Tip: Stay away. They are a big shame to hospitality industry.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Atif A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colomiers
Park Wilson Airport
Park Wilson Airport
#1 of 5 in Colomiers
Best Western Plus Le Canard Sur Le Toit
Brit Hotel Toulouse Colomiers – L’Esplanade
Nemea Appart'hotel Residence Saint-Martin
Ibis Budget Toulouse Colomiers
Courtyard by Marriott Toulouse Airport

Been to Appart'City Toulouse Colomiers? Share your experiences!