“Sweet Harmony”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a brilliant restaurant. The building is beautiful and skilfully finished. There are a number of distinct spaces within the building itself and there is a gorgeous terrace at the back. The landscaping, post fire, is new but is clearly well thought out and I imagine will mature really well. The food is in harmony with the building and is just as artful. The ravioli of duck was sensational - likewise the herb smoked veal. I could not recommend this place highly enough. (And to the owners' enormous credit they continued to pay and employ their stafff for the 8 months the restaurant was closed - at least they told me so). You must go!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We went there just before it burned down, and it will reopen this week (10th of may 2012)
You are in a gorgeous environment and when it is good weather you sit on a gorgeous terrace.

The food is very inventive and very refined, using ingredients from the region. So of course you have some foie gras but also a good choice of fish dishes and flavoured with ingredients from the region (piment d'espelette) as well as more exotic spicing (curry, morocan spices..)

Maybe one small point of critic as i have been here before with vegetarians, is that the vegetarian customers don't have this amazing experience and choice that the other customers have.

So if you ever are near Toulouse airport and you are looking for a meal you will remember for the rest of your life, you should go there.

However do not forget that it is one of the best tables in Europe and if you want the full experience it will cost you. You also should reserve, especially if you want to sit outside, and the service is as you would expect excellent and the chef Mr Yannick Delpech comes sometime ask your opinion.

They do have however very nicely priced menus at lunch.

enjoy

Reviewed April 17, 2012

One of my best memories in France. I've loved it so much. Nothing to say except that me and my wife were totally subjugated by the food. "le chef" was a real artist. We should speak about this guy when we speak about french cuisine. Every plate was wonderfull, perfect timing, perfect staff.
The presentation was also something really great, great colours.. dealing with arts. It's a shame we heard the restaurant burned down. Thanks again

1  Thank Georges M
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I offered my friend a voucher for a cooking class in this restaurant and it was just amazing. having the option to see and work behind the curtains of a two-star restaurant was very interesting. The chef and the crew were extremly helpful and nice. And the food was just amazing. The was a wine-tasting and a three course menue included. We really enjoyed our time there and would liket to come back soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2009

We live in Paris and have had the chance to eat at most of the top restaurants in the city. Our dinner at L'Amphitryon definitely ranks as one of the finest meals we've ever had. The first thing that is so impressive is the fact that the chef Yannick Delpech took the risk of opening a restaurant in such a way-out spot. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere in a non-descript suburb of Toulouse. Fortunately, there are very clear instructions of how to get there on the website. The restaurant itself is very stylish and there is also an outdoor terrace, which is perfect for summer evenings. It's pretty close to Blagnac airport because you can see the planes taking off in the distance. It's a nice sight... and it not really a problem in terms of sound. We really only heard one jet making a bit too much noise.

What's probably the best at L'Amphitryon is the service. The staff is young and dynamic, very personable and efficient, refined but not in the least bit stuffy. For me, they were just perfect. The food was also really excellent too. We had the "Menu Dégustation" and everything was impeccably cooked with a fine balance of flavours throughout. Among the highlights were the cod, the roquette sorbet, the pigeon and the cheese course, which was perfectly married with caramel and tomato. But, choosing a favourite would be impossible... as would choosing something that disappointed because nothing did! In fact, the only thing that didn't really suit me was the choice of wines that go with the menu. I'm not keen on either Riesling or Faugères, but the sommelier provided a perfect subsitute for the first—a Chardonnay from Cahors (quite a discovery). The red wine we had was really the only slight let-down throughout. I requested a red Burgundy and left the exact choice up to the wine waiter. The Pernand Vergelesses he gave us was fine, but not up to the standard of all the rest.

If you're in Toulouse, I'd highly recommend booking a table at L'Amphitryon. We definitely can't wait to go back!

1  Thank ianp1