“Perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Tochni B&B and Inns
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Tochni and absolutely loved it. The people were friendly, our host was very warm, and the village is just beautiful. It was very relaxing and if you need more adventure or miss the crowd, Limassol is 20-minutes away. You can also drive up the Trodoos mountains where the views are breath-taking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ivy_borromeo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hebrew first
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,961 helpful votes
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent 2 unforgettable nights on my recent trip to Cyprus and because I was in the round area I preferred to book somewhere familiar than getting to another house. My last visit here had to do with the best memories and I am now leaving with even better! The view from the terrace is stunning since the house is built on a slope opposite the historical church of the village.
This 300 year old stone-built structure with the beautiful yard, also made of stone is like an oasis for the guests. It keeps the traditional architecture even though the upper storey was added in 1902.
The hotel is very close to Larnaca (20kms) and I urge tourists visiting Cyprus to come here even for a couple of nights before flying back. There are daily buses coming here and you can get information from the owners.
Many consider Cyprus ideal for beach holidays but the truth is that the real beauty is found in these small villages. It is where you come across the real authentic Cypriots who are warm and very friendly.
The tavern opposite the church gives an alternative if you don’t wish to cook in the house. Besides the warm people I found here excellent food and local cuisine and it is like a meeting point for tourists who come here to dine in the evenings. I only had a snack in the house and dined out here the two nights I was in Tochni.
Vasilopoulos traditional house is a gem in the village ideal for peace and tranquillity. If you love walking, history, relaxing and country life this is the most unique place to visit.
I only wish I could stay longer!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank greekcypriot2009
Bergen
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Wonderful place, beautiful, ideal for a relaxing holiday in close contact with the atmosphere that only Cyprus can offer.
The small village is very nice and you get thrown into a surreal atmosphere of peace and tranquility.
Strategically situated between Larnaca and Limassol.
Hospitality and peace the keyword.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Matteo M
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,961 helpful votes
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I spent 3 wonderful and unforgettable nights at the House of Vasilopoulos.
After touring the whole village the very first day I consider it to be the best and most beautiful home in Tochni.
The traditional architecture which has been preserved for the past 300 years makes the agrotourism village very unique, but I believe this very house distinguishes from the rest and I have to admit it.
The view from my balcony was the best, as it overlooked the ancient Church of the Saints Constantinos and Eleni, and at the background the sea.
The house is part of an amphitheatrical slope and from the balcony I could not only enjoy the beautiful scenery of the surround area, but also its beautiful garden.
I felt the Real Agrotourism here, and I enjoyed its authentic restoration. It was as if I was visiting my grandmother’s house 70 years back, with a feeling of being in another era. This is what makes it unique here.
I had a small fully equipped kitchen and I loved the idea of the benches under the vine in the garden where I could sit and work.
I loved the human touch of the people of Tochni, and I highly recommend this complex to people who want to relax away from the hectic cities - who want to experience the Real Cypriot Traditional Culture.
I can’t wait to come here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank greekcypriot2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tochni
Cyprus Villages
Traditional Village Houses
Vasilikos House
Vasilikos House
#1 of 2 in Tochni

Been to Vasilopoulos House? Share your experiences!